cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to do a delta from a DSO to an info cube in BI7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Can any body please tell me the procedure to setup a delta load from a DSO to an info cube. As of now i have loaded full load from DSO (historical data). i want to setup a delta on that..

I have tried with Loading a Delta DTP but i am not sure that i am doing it rit? Is there any option like (init with or w/o data transfer) as in Info packages

Please advice.

Regards

Karthik

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik,

The DTPs in 7.0 has a special feature which is different from infopackages.To run delta loads 2 infopacks are needed 1 for init and other for delta. Whereas in DTP:

If we choose DTP as full it runs as full load.and if we choosed delta option then for the first time it runas as init(= all new records to the target) and then from next load onwards it acts as delta load.

Regards,

Geetha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Instead of doing a full load to the cube , you could have done a delta. It would have brought all the new records to the cube because the first delta through a DTP always acts as a full load .After the first delta , when you run it again it will bring the new records from the ODS.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

In BI 7.0 No Init option in DTP....DTP is Request based...so if u load delta first time it will fetch the requests data which are not updated to the Cube...So upto now u have done full to cube right...then change the mode to delta and run if any new requests are there in the dso then that data will be updated to the cube....No init is necessory here....

Thanks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Karthik

DTPs are different to the Infopackages.

In BI,loading a delta DTP load for first time itself will act as an init.In DTP there is no concept of initialization of load before doing delta DTP.

Regards

Jagadish

Former Member
0 Kudos

DTP and InfoPackage are different.

For infopackage, before delta load can happen, source system has to do the init setup and setup the delta queue. That's why it needs to have an init process.

DTP is a new concept in BI 7. It loads data from one layer to the other, DTP know which request in source layer has been loaded to the destination and which has not. So DTP does not need the init process.

Once you do a full load, the delta load should load any new requests. A full load + a delta load is what SAP suggested to implemment a delta load using DTP.

However my opinion is sometimes you don't even need the full load, a delta load could be enough to finish everything.