cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to distinguish the screen of prd or dev portal?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

do you know some general way how to distinguish easily the production and development portal when i log in?

For example: the letter D or P in the right top corner?

Thank you!

Dan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Usually PRD and DEV will be in two different servers so the name of the host will be different, in the case of been in the same server they will have different ports usually localhost:50000 and localhost:50100

Hope this help!

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok. Thanks for respond.

I supposed it but i would like to make some difference between this servers to users know immediatelly if they are working on the PRD or DEV server.

Because of the cases when the users know some server and port but they aren't sure if this portal is just for the testing(development) or for the production.

It is a pity that there isn't any general tool how to show this information on the logon screen.

I think i will edit the images on the logon screen.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

ya u meen to say it's ok but what happen if there are SAP DEV and SAP Prod system is defined in same portal coz there is no restrication to use the sap system using portal. all are about to iview taht are created for DEV or PRD system.

regards

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have changed the title of window before as well as changed the theme to let people know that they are in dev as opposed to in production.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Eric is correct - the easiest thing to change is the Title which appears on the window. To do this go into

System Admin -> system Config -> System Config -> portal runtime. and then right click on Central Configuration. Change the property called Portal HTML head title.

Unfortunately you probably have to restart the portal for it to take effect.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dan,

We use a simple ABAP function module that return the SID (system ID), then we create an iView in the theme that display the result (system Id) at the portal header.

Regards,

Yaki

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel

i agree with chandra there are no way to distinguish.

but u can find it from url host name and port number ask ur basis person that which portal is use for dev or prod use

regards,

kaushal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Daniel,

Ya, Based on IP address and Port, you will easily find whether it is developement server or Production server. Check with your basis guys.

Chandra.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I dont think any distinguisher will be there for PRD and DEV.

Chandra