cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display related links iview in content area?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created Related links, but they are opening in a separate windows even though I have set the attribute of the iviews to "open in portal content area".

Please let me know how I can display the iviews of the Related links in the content area.

-Ashwini.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

first of all do you have personalize linik in the masthead?

you can always remove the personalize link....once you goto the work protect and made changes......the ones I mentioned....later remove the eu_role and then the personalize link will no more appear....so no option for the personalize properties being misused.......

try this once....if you don't like you can always go back to the stage you are in now....

Cheeeers....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have given eu_role, have disabled the option in the Workprotect mode.

But Still doesn't work.

Ashwini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwini,

I don't think you have changed the property at the right place.

Open the iview for which related link is added. Now from the drop down box at the top right select Related Link. The related link editor will open which will show the related link iview. Select the iview and click the EDIT button at the bottom. The related link iview will open. Now Change the "Launch in new WIndow" property.

When you add an iview as reletd link to some other iview, a delta link is created and added to the iview.

This will solve ur problem.

Regards

Deb

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

Full points to you It worked this time..

Thanks for your patience..

Ashwini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Debasish:

I've tried this way long back when i'd the similar rqmt, but it didnt worked..! I'm on EP 6.0. so is there any specific reason for this, bcoz i'm getting it opened in a new window and not in a contect area.

????

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

tried that launch in new window while I was facing the same prob.

through work protect mode only I was able to solve the issue....

and for the personalize to appear on the masthead....the eu role is necessary...

iView properties....open in portal content area...eventhough set to yes...it will not always produce the effect required.

Cheers.....

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi Ashwini,

Open to the personalize link on the top right corner. In the new window, you will find a link Work Protect Mode on the left side. Click on it. There select the option Open in same window for unsaved data.

N.B: The user needs to have eu_role to see the personalize link in masthead.

if you are not able to see the personalize link, then goto user admin, assign this role first.....

Cheers......

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply.

But if the end users do not have this option, then as a admin, how do I achieve this?

My requirement is that I need to be able to configure this kind of output on the portal for the users.

-Ashwini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

simple

goto User admin

search for the end user

role maaping...

under available roles

search for eu_role*

asssign this role to the user.........

or one thing you can do very easily..........

login with your id....search for the user (your login name).....goto role mapping....assing the role eu_role* then goto personalize....work protect mode.....after this ....this don't have to be done for each and every user...once done, the windows will open in the same window....

Cheers...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I tried this.. But it does not work. The Iviews still open in a new window...

I have assigned Portal Personalisation to my role and then selected the option "Open in the same window" in the Workprotect mode.

Please tell me if I have missed out anything.

Ashwini.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ashwini,

Don't know from where the work-protect mode came into picture. Its has altogether different concepts.

When you add releted link, its added as a delta link to its source object. So open the role -> Open the iview with the related link -> there change the "Launch in New Window Property".

Regards

Deb

[Reward Points for helpful answers]

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deb,

The "Launch in New Window" Property value has been set to Display in Portal Content Area.

Still no luck..

-Ashwini.