cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Display long Texts in BI Explorer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I'm working with BI 7.0 BEx Explorer and I need to display long text (over 200 char) managed with R/3 sapscript.

I Extract full field by the Function Module "READ_TEXT" but no so as to bring BI.

The only idea that comes to mind is to break the full text mapping in n infoobject mapped in each of their 60 long-char (1 .. 60 - 61 .. 120 - 121 .. 180, and so on...), but in the query result is not quite clear...

Do you have any idea?

Thank you,

Alberto

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working on a similar problem.

Do you have a solution for it?

I have a webdynpro application where the user can enter data to a dso with a comment column which is a sap long text (at the moment.)

At the moment i'm just brainstorming.

But i think about creating dsos with the key of the long text and a sequence number and for every 60 chars a new row.

A multiprovider or a infoset over this dso and the transactional data to combine the data.

But i am not sure how to concatenate the data for output.

I don't think i can do this in the a query alone (formulas only work on keyfigures am i right, i am not sure about cell editor, but i guess not.).

in excel it should be possible, but in web maybe a javascript? or a custom wad item?

All this seams to be a big hack.

Maybe somebody has experiences with this.

The document integretion is only shown as a link am i right?

Maybe somebody can add some ideas for a good solution.

Maybe some way to overcome the 60char limit. But i don't think there is one that will exceed 255 or any other limitation that may be there i am not aware of.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check this blog to help you in BW, but not sure in BEx

/people/sap.user72/blog/2006/05/27/long-texts-in-sap-bw-modeling

Cheers,

Sree

Former Member
0 Kudos

a good solution.

but still limited