cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to display interactive form in the email

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI Experts,

I am new to CAF.i got a requirement of displaying interactive form(even html form is also solves my probelm) in the mail box rather than sending as an attachemnt.

I have seen so many tutorials for sending an interactive form as an attachment,but i didn't get any information for displaying interactivr/htm form in the mail box itself.

my requirement is used will should get workitem in the email(not as a link),he should take appropriate decision from mail box itself,with out going to portal

how can a achive this

any help will be grealy appriciated

With Regards

Tirupathi Naidu

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can setup CAF to email the Interactive form and then have the user approve offline.

If you want to reply offline (i.e by email), you must setup your Interactive form to have a submit button that sends an email. The email address should be the address for the GP server (i.e the address that GP monitors with POP3 / IMAP4). The setup of this is documented in the help files (setup adapter.adobe in the GP>Administration, Overview and then Configure Adapter)

In summary to setup offline forms:

1. Setup mail account

2. Setup Adapter to read this mail account (GP -> Administrator configure adapter)

3. Change Interactive form, so it sends an email rather than HTTP request.

Regards

Divya

Former Member
0 Kudos

I dont think this is a valid use case (from audit perspective). However you could implement it as described below:

Include the "Approve" and "Reject" buttons as part of the interactive form and send it as an attachment. Approver can open the attachment and either approve or reject. You have to maintain a hidden field and write some javascript to achieve this. Approver doesn't need to login to portal.