cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to display contents of update tasks more comfortable?

jens_hoetger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello,

periodically I send an information about failed update tasks (SM13) to our users, and I offer to send more details if necessary. Of course some users want to get more details, and then I go in SM13 through every single update tasks, every single function module in it and every single data / internal tables and make an extract as a text file. This is very annoying. Is there a way which is faster and more comfortable, maybe a program which dumps the contents of a update tasks as a list?

Thanks in advance

Jens Hoetger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jens,

For every failed update there will be a system log(SM21) and short dump(ST22)generated.This can give a detailed view on the table, function modules and related stuffs.

There is one more option from SM13 you can get the Update key (VBKEY), Take this VBKey and go to table VBHDR through SM16, paste the key and execute you will get the details of the WP,user,Function module, Reports used, Table accessed etc.

Hope this can help you

Regards

Ashly.

jens_hoetger
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hello Ashly,

thanks for your reply. But viewing VBHDR and / or VBDATA via SE16 isn't really useful. The data are in a 30K LRAW field in VBDATA and can't be viewed or still interpreted with SE16.

Regards, Jens Hoetger