cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to detach queries from workbook in analyzer 7.x

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We migrated the backend few months ago to 7.0 and the frontend now.

Patchlevel of the BEx 7.0 is Support package 10.

Hopefully you can help me:

Our Key User used often the fuction "detach queries" under Analyzer 3.5 to send workbooks through Broadcaster also to non-BI-User.

How can I redesign this function under Analyzer 7.0? Is there any workaround (as this function is directly not available under 7.0)?

They want this function for the following reasons:

1. Distribute Workbooks to user without access to BI.

2. Distribute Workbooks to BI User without the permission to update, change navigation state or change variables for this specific workbook.

Would a combination of "provide result offline", "enable cell protection" and "allow navigation" work?

Thanks a lot for your replys!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your reply, it was the last element that was missing in my logic.

I think the combination of "convert into formulas", provide offline result and navigation not allowed will do for our key users.

Ps. there is a problem with frontend patch 1000 and Excel 2002 SP3 with the function "convert to formulas". With Excel 2003 no problem. I will notice SAP about that!

hai_murali_here
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Detach Query in 3.x Analyzer,detaching the query from the workbook and not allowing the user to perform Refresh.

With 7.x,the same behavior observed once the user does "Convert to Formula" through the Context menu option.

Rgds,

Murali