Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy SAPUI5 apps on SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public Edition

anthonyramosr
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi everybody,

I am currently involving on a SAP S/4HANA Public Edition implementation and we have some requirements that requires custom development. These developments must built using SAPUI5. I would like confirming if it is possible to implement these developments on the SAP S/4HANA Cloud Public. I have looked at documentation for that, but I have not found definitively answer.

Best regard,

Anthony

SAPUI5 SAP Fiori SAP ERP SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud SAP Business Application Studio SAP Business Technology Platform 

View Entire Topic
anthonyramosr
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hello @Ivan-Mirisola,

I understand that for developer extensibility in an #SAP S/4HANA Public Cloud environment, it is achieved using Core Data Services to provision data, and for front-end applications, we can do it with Fiori Elements. However, I'm not entirely clear if it's possible to develop a pro code freestyle application and deploy it in an S/4HANA Public Cloud environment.

Additionally, I would like to know the step-by-step process of configuring the connection between BTP and S/4HANA Public Cloud, from setting up the communication scenario, configuring the communication user, to creating the destination. Typically, the step of creating the communication scenario is skipped, and the destination creation is done with the scenario data. For example, I have the following case:

1. I downloaded the certificate from the Security/Destinations section in BTP.
  2. I created a communication scenario in the S/4HANA Public Cloud system and uploaded the certificate in SAML.
  3. I configured a destination to the ERP API.
  4. I tried to deploy the Fiori application using the destination but couldn't do it.

Your assistance would be greatly appreciated as this is an important project for the region.

Regards, Anthony

Ivan-Mirisola
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi @anthonyramosr,

Which version of Public are you currently using?

Did you follow the requirements on the bellow documentation:

https://help.sap.com/docs/SAP_S4HANA_CLOUD/6aa39f1ac05441e5a23f484f31e477e7/e3527dfa1c5a41f69d4e6369...

The following tutorial has some prerequisites in terms of which system you are using as well as configuration work to connect BAS and S/4HANA Tenant. Which means that you will not use ADT for the fron-end.

https://developers.sap.com/tutorials/abap-s4hanacloud-procurement-purchasereq-shop.html

For a custom UI front-end deployment, you could use the following Mission:

https://developers.sap.com/group.abap-custom-ui-s4hana-cloud.html

I suspect you could develop the Fiori front-end entirely on ADT, but then you would have to understand where to place each development artifact mimicking what BAS does in the background. Either way, BAS and VSCode both do a better job at developing fron-end UIs than ADT.

Best regards,
Ivan