cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to deploy reports?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi guys,

I am just wondering on what is the standard way to deploy BW Web Reports? What do you do, you gather all the report links on a single web page and deploy that web page to the users? Or you create <b>Roles</b>, assign reports to Roles and assign Roles to Users and add to their Favorites?

Can a user with no BW Logon view reports by just giving them the links?

I just want to pick the best practice from you guys...

--Jkyle

Message was edited by: Jkyle Landicho

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jkyle,

I'm assuming that u r gonna deploy all ur reports on the portal. U have a iview called BWreports on the portal .. under that create another iview called sales reports, and under that u can put all the reports that belong to sales just by passing the query string and pointing it to ur production BW system. Then u create a group and attach roles or users and grant them access to that particular area. Then that particular group can see the reports .. or else others wont even know that those reports exist.

Hope that helps.

Mav.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mave,

Portal? I have no idea what a portal is. Could you please elaborate? Are you referring to our Local Internet?

--Jkyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jkyle

Mav is talking about the SAP Enterprise Portal, which is SAP's prefered way of deploying reports to the web. It is well integrated with BW and has features like single sign on and drag and relate.

Thanks

Chami

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you don't have SAP Enterprise Portal implemented at your organization, you might want to look into using the Role Menu web item in a web template...it will automatically show a user the reports assigned to their role.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Another option you can consider is a product called "bNavigator" which you can install on your portal or BW server.

The product has been released by my company (so I'm slightly biased) but I think it does a good job of organising links to web templates, queries and other sources of business information in a nice intuitive interface.

Cheers

Adrian

PS. For more information: go to www.entelsoft.com. A trial version of the latest release will be available in a couple of weeks. AB.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jkyle

At one of our clients we deployed the BW Web Templates on an intranet page. Basically the users would click on a URL which would launch the Template with the logon screen. The benefit of using this is that the users dont have to log in via the Gui.

You should still publish the queries to roles to control authorisation, because you probably don't want all you users having access to all the reports, e.g. HR reports.

Thanks

Chami

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to you guys, Anymore ideas are still welcome... 'll grant you guys points...

--Jkyle

Former Member
0 Kudos

Firstly, a very simple way to send a report to somebody which doesnt have to go through the loggin procedure.

Like when you publish reports on the web you have a option to make web report as bookmark. In which u can send the link to anybody who can view the report. Here you cannot see changes made in the report later on.

But best practice is always assign roles and users which is always beneficial and secure in the future. If i got the time that is what i would do.