cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete tasks from UWL inbox from Portal CE 7.1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

We have used BPEMConnector to fill the UWL Inbox .

Now we want to delete few tasks from the UWL Inbox ,how can do that a from portal itself ?

Please guide me on this issue .

we did the Federation of  the worklists from Producer (CE 7.3) to Consumer/end user portal (7.1).

Regards,

Govindu

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is no direct utility to delete items from UWL. In case yours are BPM one, go to the Manage Processes in NWA and cancel them.

Once done they will get removed from UWL.

Thanks

Vivek K Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mishra & Uday,

I am using BPM Work flow not MDM Work flow.

and the Process IDs for the tasks in the UWL are not exist in MDM (master data objects were deleted)so we don't which process to be stopped from the Manage Process option.

is there any alternative ?

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

You have to do little exercise, get to know who started the process(name of the user) and sent date from UWL, go to NWA > Operation Management > Processes and Tasks > Manage Process, filter it by 'Started by', select that process, click on 'Show Related Tasks', check the latest date there and compare with the UWL, if that matches, you are on the correct process, and cancel that process.

Hope this helps.

Thanks

Vivek K Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

Thank you for the responce .

Yes ,I Verified the tasks and process of my UWLwith NWA but I am unable to figure out the Rejected tasks in the NWA

which were duplicated in UWL .

Is some where I am missing out any thing ?.

can We do something like clearing Chache ..etc ?

Waiting for your responce .

Thanks & Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you please elaborate - '

Yes ,I Verified the tasks and process of my UWLwith NWA but I am unable to figure out the Rejected tasks in the NWA

which were duplicated in UWL .'

From the above perspective you can see all the Rejected tasks too.

Thanks

Vivek K Mishra

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

You are Right.I ahve chcekd in the wrong Task Definition .

Now I checked in the Rejected requests Task definition there I am able to see the all the rejected tasks

and I have cancelled the processes to take out the tasks from the UWL .

Once I get the end user confirmation ,I will update you .

I think cancellation of the processes will remove the tasks from the UWL inbox right ?

Thank you fro your help.

Regards,

Govindu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Once you cancel the active process, this will result is deleting the item from UWL and you can see the same process in 'Cancel' option of dropdown.

Thanks

Vivek K Mishra

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

udaykumar_kanike
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Govindu,

To delete task id from UWL you need to edit the XML file. For that first download this XML file from System admin and edit it and then upload the modified XML document with your custom task ids back to the portal.

Following PDF will help you with more detailed procedure.

http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/902a77c2-9bf7-2c10-7f83-df61e131e...

Hope it helps.

Regards

Uday