cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to delete an inconsistent BIA index?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I have deleted an active BIA index for an InfoCube using the wizard in transaction RSDDV. Then, data was deleted from the InfoCube. Afterwards, new data was loaded into the InfoCube. I then used the wizard again to create the index. The index creation aborted with an error saying that there already exists an index with the name [SYSTEM]_bic:f[CUBENAME]~[INDEXPART]. Obviously there is a problem with the generation of the fact table index (see the "f" in the name).

Some days ago, I corrected this error through RSRV and repair program "All BIA indexes delete and rebuild". But now there are too many BIA indexes in the system, so I do not want to delete ALL indexes and rebuild them afterwards.

I am searching for a program/transaction which lets me delete the BIA index definition for a specific InfoCube. I can't use the wizard, because the wizard still wants me to create the index and then fails again with the previous mentioned error.

Any ideas or hints on this issue?

BEst regards,

Philipp

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

yes, I already checked that website. As you can see on that site, the deletion of the BIA Index is only possible, if you have successfully filled it. But my problem is, that the creation (not filling!) has failed and the wizard still wants to create the index. There is no option of deleting the index (and rebuild it) in the wizard.

Any further ideas?

Regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

can you give the error message..short dumps...if any .. in details ??

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chetan,

please see my first post in this thread. Unfortunately, I do no longer have the exact message. No short dump is generated by this error.

We currently have fixed the problem; but we used the RSRV repair program "All BIA indexes delete and rebuild". There we chose option "Delete only" and cleaned off all BIAs in the system. As the system is an acceptance test system, this was not causing too much rumors. But this approach is definitely no option for the production environment!

I'd like to delete a specific BIA index for a certain cube - not all BIAs in the system!

Regards,

Philipp

Former Member
0 Kudos

did you check with your data after RSRV are those tied up..

if not you may have to execute RSDDTREX_SINGLE_TABLE_INDEX program with the name of an InfoCube that has a BIA index ..

What SP are you on ??

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Meanwhile try reading this

Note 926609 - BIA index and metadata changes

Hope it Helps

Chetan

@CP..