cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to define dependencies between customer exit variables?

marius_margraf
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi everybody, 

I'm trying to implement the new dependency driven processing of variables (ddp) in our SAP BW/4HANA 2023 system as described in SAP note 3144996. I implemented the method IF_RSROA_VARIABLES_EXIT_BADI~GET_DEPENDENCIES in our BADI implementation for the customer exit variables as followed: 

alternative A: 

method IF_RSROA_VARIABLES_EXIT_BADI~GET_DEPENDENCIES.

if Sy-UNAME EQ 'MYUSER'.

c_t_dep_vnam = SWITCH rrs0_t_vnam( i_vnam

WHEN 'VAR_A'  
       THEN VALUE rrs0_t_vnam( ( 'VAR_B' ) ) ).

ENDIF.

endmethod.

alternative b: 

method IF_RSROA_VARIABLES_EXIT_BADI~GET_DEPENDENCIES.

if Sy-UNAME EQ 'MYUSER'.

c_t_dep_vnam = SWITCH rrs0_t_vnam( i_vnam

WHEN 'VAR_B'  
       THEN VALUE rrs0_t_vnam( ( 'VAR_A' ) ) ).

ENDIF.

endmethod.

Both alternatives are basically the same, but the dependency between both variables is reversed. I added a if-statement to check for my user because there are some other developers working on the system and I'm trying not to interfere with their work as long as I'm experementing with this new way. 

As a test scenario, I created a very simple query which contains both variables in the global filter section. Both variables are defined as non-input-ready customer exit variables and are filled by ABAP codding. After changing above mentioned coding, I always generate this query in the transaction RSRT. 

Comparing both alternatives by looking into the variable execution with the debugger, I can see that in both alternatives variable a is being executed before variable b when executing the query in RSRT. I was expecting the variables will be executed in reversed order when I change the dependencies from alternative a to alternative b, but this is not the case. 

What am I missing? 

We're an BW/4HANA 2023 SP0, DW4CORE 400, but implemented the latest SAP notes regarding the issues related to ddp. The parameter "BICS_VAR_VALIDATE_ALWAYS" in table RSADMIN is set to "G", but removing the parameter doesn't change the behavior. While debugging I can see that the method GET_DEPENDENCIES is called and that the table with the dependencies for the variable is filled.  

Any help is appreciated, thanks in advance. 

Regards, 

Marius

MKreitlein
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Marius.

I don't have a case to reproduce this... but if you did not yet find this note: https://me.sap.com/notes/3333155/

... maybe there are some more notes to implement and test?!

Edit: One more additional note: https://me.sap.com/notes/3144996/ 

Maybe you can test this RSADMIN parameter, too?!

BR, Martin

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

marius_margraf
Participant

Hi Martin, 

thanks for your answer - I checked the RSADMIN parameters, but with no success. The mentioned notes don't apply to our system (we are already on a higher version) or are describing other issues / errors. 

Regards, 

Marius