cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to decide the Update methods in LO extractions

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all.

I have a typical question here. I have seen a lot of posts in SCN but i couldnt find a single post which answers the question

Question : "How do you decide which update method out of Direct Delta, Queued Delta, Unserialized V3 Update suits the purpose?"

For example I just want to know how do we calibrate that the data source may have more than 10,000 records. There has to be iteration measure other than just looking at the Info package for the Full update and then decide.

Regards,

Balasubramanian.

View Entire Topic
former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Keep all the LO Datasources under Queued Delta   and 2LIS_03(Inventory) under unserialized V3 Update.

regards

SVU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SVU,

Appreciate your Response , But I do not think You and I are on the same Page. Please let me know how you come to decide that your suggestions will be the best for performance ?

Regards,

Balu.

former_member202718
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Bala,

Direct:- When its a Small Organization and the records are less , we go for Direct Update.

Direct and Queued Update :-

If the records are less than 10K for a DS ,then its recommended for Direct Update and if the records increase over a period of time then we can migrate Queued.

Queued and V3 Update:-

V3 is for  Inventory Scenarios where the Data may come in any sequence and it really does not matter as at the End of the Day ..Stock = Input - output (Noncumulative).

This is also the reason why SAP has recommended these Updates based on the Scenarios.

regards

SVU

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks For the response SVU.

Regards,

Bala