cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to DEBug the BSP application - V Urgent

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All

I am unable to debug my BSP application which i have created . Basically I want to check how data is being passed in 'OnInput Processing ' Event .. When i tried to put a break point system proposed to me to switch on HTTP debugging and i did the same . Still when i press any submit type button its not taking me to the point where i have set my break points .

How to resolve this ? Please help me out .

Thanks and Regards

Shovit

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shovit,

This issue has been discussed many times in thos forum.

see .

This may help you.

Regards,

Narinder Singh

Message was edited by: Narinder Singh Hartala

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shovit,

We also got the same problem and found that if u logon to ur WAS then again start debugging it'll be fine.

http://<domain-name>:<port>/..path/<app-name>/<page-name>;

This is the structure of url.

Just login to -> http://<domain-name>;

supply ur username and password and then try putting on the debug points.

Hope it'll help u.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankur

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your reply Ankur. However i am already logged into WAS thru SAPGUI . When i do F8 on my page it directly opens the Web page for me and am not supplying the username and password explicitly . Only thing which i do not get is why its not stopping at my break-point .?

Any idea on his ? May be i havent got ur point clearly .

can you suggest something here

Thanks again for your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shovit,

From your last post I understand that you must have set anonymous user data in sicf for your bsp application.

Visit <a href="http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/6f/04d73a90e7322be10000000a11405a/frameset.htm">this</a> link to know how various ways to logon to WAS.

Regards,

Narinder Hartala

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in which event did you put the break point?

Regards

Raja

former_member689397
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi verma,

Don't do the directly F8..

First go to utilities -> settings -> ABAP Editor tab -> Debugging - > Here is give u'r user name and check Actv box and go to set the brak point where ever you want then run u'r BSP in IE.

This help for u.

Regds.

Suriya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suriya

I had done exactly the same as you mentioned but cud not got to my break point . Infact in the 'OnInput Processing ' event also i have hard coded the break -point as 'break-point' at the start to check if it really stops on when i click the submit type button . I had activated the debugging in SICF txn too . But inspite of all these i am unable to stop at my breal-point and on clicking the submit button i am getting into the next page . I just want to stop before it gets into the next page when on input processing event is trigerred .

Really dont know what am i missing .

please help

Thanks

Shovit

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

lets try a simple demo application.

just create a BSP application with just one page. and have the following code in the

<b>layout</b>

<%@page language="abap" %>
<%@extension name="htmlb" prefix="htmlb" %>
<htmlb:content design="design2003" >
  <htmlb:page title=" " >
    <htmlb:form>

<htmlb:button text    = "Press Me"
                    onClick = "myClickHandler" />
    </htmlb:form>
  </htmlb:page>
</htmlb:content>

in the oninputprocessing event handler enter the following code.

if '1' = '2' .

endif .

now place the curosr in the if statement and click on the red stop button (for placing break point). this will create a break point . (dont hard code like break-point )

Now run the application and click on the button. the application should stop at the breakpoint position.

tell us this works or not.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the code .

I did the same . My BSP application is aslo as simple as this . Its nothing but a simple input field and inpyt buttton page . But all my effort of putting a break-point is going in vain . Am not sure really what am i missing when i have already activate debugging in SICf txn and also i have activated external debugging via Setting->Utilities->ABAP editor->External Denugging and Activ check box for the user .

I guess there is some more config thing to this to have debugging working . Strange thing is that debugging works absolutely fine in SE38 txn with reports

Any input ?

Thanks

Shovit

athavanraja
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the following link where Brian had exaplined this.

Regards

Raja

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shovit,

I also had given link to the thread to which Raja is refering, in my first reply to this post. Sorry, the url was having a character extra so it was not working.

I have given a link to Brian's weblog there, see that also.

Regards,

Narinder Singh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shovit,

May be i wasnt clear in my last post.

Actually i also faced the same problem but when i logged to WAS using http://<domain-name>:<port-name>; , I was authenticated (with the same username from which breakpoints are set).

Then i was able to debug by specifying url string without making F8 from application.

Hope it'll help u.

Thanks & Regards,

Ankur

former_member689397
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Verma,

ok. Now u r going to SICF and clik u'r BSP application and here u'r going to give u'r client , username and password then save and active service and do the my pervious step. Now it will work.

Regds,

Suriya