cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Customize F4 Help in BW Reports in BI 7.0

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I am working in BI 7.0.We are using 7.0 WAD.

While executing any bw report it is asking for variable screen and we need to give inputs .In this i need to <b>change F4 Help</b>. Suppose i have <b>cal month variable

in f4 help i need to <b>display months in descending order</b> .and also I want display calendar in cal days f4 help.</b>

Like this I have some issues. So i need to do some <b>customizing in F4 help</b> where can i do these changes.

Please help me.

Thanks in advance,

SASIKANTH

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

andrea_previati
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

the basic class of web items is CL_RSR_WWW_ITEM (you can see it in SE24)

you can create a new class in copy of it .

check this link

/people/kai.wachter/blog/2005/05/23/how-to-create-own-items-in-bw

I think that only SAP could enter and modify the standard classes ... it's necessary a development psw on standard code

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Deepu,

Sorry for late reply

What is the procedure for 7.0 templates?

Thanks in advance,

sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

There is not exit similar to the Table Interface for variable screen in 7.0 or 3.X.

In 3.X you can look at the ABAP class CL_RSR_WWW_VARIABLE_SCREEN methods, this cannot be done in the 7.0 runtime.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HIi Andreas,

Its very helpfull i will check this.

so from this clss i can change f4 help.

Thanks

Sasi

Former Member
0 Kudos

HIi Andreas,

Thanks for your reply.my requirement is i want to change f4 help. suppose we want change something in table(in report) we will find the ABAP class which that web item is used and we can do changes.in 3.5

Like that is there any provision to change f4 help IN BI7.0 WAD.

in 7.0 wad iam not able to find class names of web items.(in3.5 by checking in HTML coding we can identify which clss that web item is using).

Thanks in Advance

SASI

l

andrea_previati
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Sasi

we had the isame problem on BW 3.5

we opened a OSS Note . But SAP answered that the F4 sorting functionality is not disposable on web but only with BEX

( Right click - Sorting ascending- Descending)

Andreas