cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create iview for generic WAD template.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am currently working on Bi 7.0 WAD and have created a generic Web Template.I want this template to be visible in the Enterprise portal.How can i do so.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Please try following steps to create a iview

a. Create a BW iView based on "BEx Web Application iView"

b. Open the iView Property

c. In the Parameter "BEx Web Application Query String" maintain a String for the BW Report(Example: INFOCUBE=0PA_C01&QUERY=0PA_C01_Q0101).

(Consult your BI Consultant)

d. Parameter System: maintain the Allias of your BW System (Example: SAP_BW)

e. Parameter Version:

- Use Value (SAP BW 2.x/3.x) and Review iView so you have a BW Report in the old 3.5 Look and Feel Layout, with out the new BW Reporting functionalities. not recommended if you are using BW NW04s already.

- Use (SAP NetWeaver BI 7.x) for BW Report with new 7.0 Design and look and feel. (SEND Button, KM Comments, PDF Prnting, etc.). Recomemnded. Requires KM.

That mean customers have a choice to select BW Report in EP as BW 3.5 or BI 7.0 depending on thier business needs and user requirements.

Hope this will help, dont forget to give some points )

Thanks,

Gattu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for prompt reply.Can u please elaborate the steps.

I have Created template in WAD 3.5 and can execute it in browser. I have captured the URL link.Now next first step is....

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

Sorry i have given the steps to place your query in portal. But for Web template:

In the WAD, open up the web template and then from the Mneu Publish you will see an option to generate iView.

Hope it can be done thru this..

Assign Points

Thanks,

Gattu

Former Member
0 Kudos

I tried the Path

From Menu bar -> Publish -> In the enterprise portal 6....

It opens up another small window.But inside the window it says that

"Portal in unavailable"

One thing more, I am working on EP 7.0 but the WAD 3.x gives options only for EP 6.0. Please help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Amit,

I never worked on EP concepts, i just transferred my knowledge on your query..

Regards,

Gattu