cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Create a Generic Delta Datasource

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a extractor thru RSO2 using a table.

The table consist of a time field which i set it to the timestamp field. After initlializing the delta upload successfully, when i run delta upload, no data has been uploaded even having made changes to some of the records.

Why is it so? Kindly advise.

Does the timestamp field have to be a datetime field or it can be any field of any data type?

Thanks in advance.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

as you have seen on the screen setting up the generic delta, you have the choice between a date field, a timestamp or some numeric pointer. For a timestamp or a date field you need to specify the upper and lower limits to +- some hours or days to get a correct delta.

regards

Siggi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siggi,

Thanks for the prompt reply.

So if i use a timestamp field, whenever a record in the datasource has been changed, the time field haf to be updated with the time it was modified is it?

Would you happen to know if i were to create a delta datasource using a function module, are there any special codes that needs to be coded in the function modules?

Cheers,

Shunhui.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shunhui,

To use a timestamp delta, the field in table you are extracting data has to be a time stamp. An example of this is the field UPD_OP in the table DBABARL.

There are several posted in earlier threads on how to create a datasource using a function module. Let me know if you cannot find them.

Cheers! Bill

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bill,

icic...i'll go search for the posts on the function modules.

I have a timestamp field in my extractor. but when i try the delta load, it always shows 0 records. Im not sure why this is happenning. Kindly advise. Thanks.

Regards,

Shunhui.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shunhui,

Pls check the following:

- On your source system, type in tcode RSA7. Now find your datasource. It should have a status of green, and a icon in the status field. When you click on the icon in the Stat field for your datasource, it should tell you the last run date of your data pull

If your datasource does not look like this, pls re-run your init job from BW and test the datasource using RSA3 in your source system.

- If RSA7 is set up correctly, then change the generic delta setting in RSO2 for your datasource. Change the 'Safety Interval Upper Limit' to at least a value of 1.

Save and test your datasource. Do you get records now?

Let me know if this will fix your issue.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Bill,

I have checked RSA7 and my datasource has the status of green. I have set the upper level to <b>900secs</b>. After the init load, i waited for more than <b>900secs</b> before i do another load but it still comes out as 0 records. Is there anything else i need to do?

I'd like to clarify one thing, is the timestamp field's data type suppose to be a decimal of length 15 field? Mine is currently a <b>DEC15</b> field which is also a packed field. When i used <b>F1</b> at the generic delta screen, it told me that the timestamp field should be a <b>dec15</b> field. Is it correct?

Thanks, Bill!

Message was edited by: Shunhui Chua

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Shunhui,

I too am experiencing the same problem as you. Did you find any resolution yet?

Thanks,

Wasim

Former Member
0 Kudos

Finally resolved the problem. In the Z tbl, the Time Stamp field needs the Date concat with Time... ie 20041207131500 (yyyymmddhhmmss).

Hope this helps,

Wasim