Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create a formula based on group level

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If there are three group level ins a report:

How can I creat a formula to put on page header depended on current group level?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In addtion to setting Repeat Group Header on each page, you will also need to set New Page After in the Section Expert of the group, which basically means when the group change, start a new page.

Otherwise, if you have 2 different groups in one page, then Page Header will not display the Group information as expected.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Abhilash ans Sastry

I really try to do is to show different text on page header depend on which group level is. the reason is that if there are multi pages group footer, only the first page has group name on tilte if I put group name on the footer.

I would like to put group name on page header, but have to know which group level is.

Thanks again

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you wish to show the Group name on each follow these steps:

1) Go to Group Expert

2) Select the group and click Options

3) Then go to the Options tab and check the option 'Repeat Group Header on each page'

Hope this will help!

-Abhilash

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks, Abhilash

But the header is only repeated on the first page of the footer

Thanks!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

How the header is repeated on footer ? You will have repeat the steps suggest by Abhilash for each group to display the group headers on each page.

Thanks,

Sastry

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can very well place the group name in your page header to display the group information, but it will capture the last group information and display in your page header.

For an instance, If the new page starts with a new group then you will not display the new group info and it will display previous group info.

Thanks,

Sastry

abhilash_kumar
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You cannot display the Group Name on the Page Header or for that matter anything related to the group on the Page Header.

I may be interpreting what you wish to do incorrectly. Could you please elaborate?

-Abhilash