cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to connect Netezza database to BO XI 3.1 - UDT

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi People,

I am new to Netezza DB system, I want to know how to connect Netezza DB to SAP BO XI 3.1 Universe Designer Tool to build an Universe on it.

Please need help urgently. Any kind of assistance will be highly appreciated.

Thank you,

Best Regards,

Al

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Al,

You would first need to make sure the Netezza BOBJ driver has been installed and also that the Netezza ODBC Driver also needs to be installed.  You may need to modify the BOBJ install to add the Netezza Driver.  You will also need to configure System DSN using Netezza driver, and test conection.

Once that is done then open Universe Design Tool and create connection using Netezza driver. This will allow you to use it in the Universe.

Regards,

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a ton Ajay. If you have any video or document regarding this please share, it will be a great help for me.

Thanks once again,

Best Regards,

Al Ahmed

CdnConnection
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Al Ahmed,

First install the Netezza ODBC ver 5 or higher and configure the System DSN to make sure the Netezza native driver is working properly.

Then you may need to go to Program and Features under control Panel, select BOE XI 3.1.7 Enterprise and select Change.  Now you will need to add the Netezza driver.

If you already have the Netezza Driver installed, simple click Universe Designer <Tools> Connection and configure you Netezza Driver.

Regards,

Ajay

If the information provide is helpful please mark the blog properly.