cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to configure WebDynpro Application ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

There are some paramters/properties which are different in Development, Test and Production environment. Is there any way i can store this values for respective systems in Web Application Server/Web Dynpro Runtime and read it in WebDynpro Application. In some previous logs i have read about "Configuring Application Properties of WebDynpro Application ", couldn't get understand quite well how to implement it, i think it will be specific for particular WebDynpro Application. Do we have something on the same line to make the values for particular properties available for all WebDynpro Application.

Regards,

Akash Modi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash

If you are going with a separate DC you can configure application properties within Application object under Applications(you will have to create one). Here you can define custom self defined properties. A property can be called by the follwing code.

IWDApplicationPropertyInfo myCol = wdComponentAPI.getApplication().getApplicationInfo().findInApplicationProperties("propname");

But you will have to redeploy this component every time you need to change the property

A second way is to use the Configuration mechanism and the properties are available through the WDConfiguration object. Read link for more info

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/b8/aa343e32ff1033e10000000a114084/content.htm

A third way is to store properties in the backend itself in SAP or DB, and values are retreived through RFC calls or SQL queries

Regards

Pran

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It's not about WebDynpro LifeCycle Management, i have some WebDynpro Applications( not DC of type WebDynpro), and this applications will be running inside Portal as WebDynpro iView. I will try applications porperties, but it has drawback that we need to redeploy application everytime if we change the properties and secondly it will be specific to particular application. Is there any way we can make properties available to all WebDynpro Application either through storing it in engine or in portal.

Regards

Akash Modi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash,

Are You talking about webdynpro application lifecycle management, that means dovelopment,testing, production if that is the case JDI is the best bet.Visit forum Java dovelopment Infrastructure topic.

chkout this link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/01/9c4940d1ba6913e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_erp2004/helpdata/en/26/4b0d0930034b73aa3332ddc8c75e9d/content.htm

for further details letus know..

hope this helped you

Regards,

RK

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Akash

You Can create a DC which contains a property file.

Create a method in the DC to return the value of the property. Use this DC in other DC's.

When you deploy in differnt enviornments change the values of the property file.

Kishore