cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to communicate from one XMLForm to another XMLForm

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI ,

I have created xml form( "A" and "B" ) from xmlform builder. I have to create a link dynamically at runtime from xmlForm(A) to xmlForm(B). My requirement is something like this

Afer opening xmlForm "A" thru News Authoring iView, I have an entry field in the xmlform "A" where I will specify the URL link, which should point to the XMLForm "B".

so that in News Browser iView, when I open xmlform "A" , I should have a URL link , After clicking that link , I should able to open the xmlform "B".

How to achieve this functionality

thanks

pk

thanks

pk

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member748019
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi PKG,

while rendering the ShowForm (of your project A) you are able to build any link (URL). But you have to modify your ShowForm.xsl a little bit.

In your case I think you want to open the EditForm of some XMLFormsProject (e.g. project B). If you are looking into the URL of some opened EditForm, you can see how it works:

http://<yourdomain>;

/irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.km.cm.xmlformedit

?XMLFormID=<project B>

&post/path=/documents/News

&createmode=true

This URL opens the EditForm of <project B> and save the item in folder "/documents/News". So now, you can modify your XSL which renders such a link. If you are familiar with XSLT, it should be no problem.

Kind Regards

--Matthias