cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to check the data of an archived table.

0 Kudos

I have archived a table created by me. I have executed the write program for the archiving object in SARA. Now how can check the data of my archived table.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vinod,

I am not sure I am understanding your question correctly, but, as far as the standard archiving process goes, the data in the table has not actually been changed(archived) until you run the delete job. If you have only run the write job, you can use the Analyze option within SARA to view the data in the write file.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

0 Kudos

Thanks karin.

There may be the condition.

But that even not helping me because I have assigned the archiving object to delete the job just after write job.

But only write job is happening. I am not able to set "Archive Selection" in SARA, and its not showing the name of files also.

I have assigned BIE_NET in place file in storage system in AOBJ. So where it will store the file?

Please help me.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Vinod,

One thing to check in the customizing settings is your "Place File in Storage System" option. If you have selected the option to Store before deleting, the archive file will not be available for selection within the delete job until the store job has completed successfully.

As for where your archive file will be stored - there are a number of things to check. The archive write job will place the archive file in whatever filesystem you have set up within the /nFILE transaction. There is a logical file path (for example ARCHIVE_GLOBAL_PATH)where you "assign" the physical path (for example UNIX: /sapmnt/<SYSID>/archivefiles). The logical path is associated with a logical file name (for example ARCHIVE_DATA_FILE_WITH_ARCHIVE_LINK). This is the file name that is used within the customizing settings of the archive object.

Then, the file will be stored using the content repository you defined within the customizing settings as well. Depending on what you are using to store your files (IXOS, IBM Commonstore, SAP Content Server, that is where the file will be stored.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Karin Tillotson

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

You can goto SE11 or SE16 to veiw any table

Regards

GSK

Assign points if its useful!

0 Kudos

I have found nothing in SE11, SE12 and SE16.