cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change the owner of an Information Broadcasting setting?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have created and scheduled some reports to be distributed via the Information Broadcasting functionality. I would like know if it is possible to change the "owner" of the setting in order to cater for the following scenario.

User A has created and setup a few Information Broadcasting settings. I would like to change the ownership of the setting so that User B has access to make changes. At the moment, users only have rights change their own settings.

Appreciate any help...

Cheers,

Lashan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

if you are looking to change the Broadcasting Settings Owner... you need to write an ABAP program to populate it.

You need to update the Value in table RSRD_SETT_NODE_A.

Nagesh Ganisetti.

• Assign points if it helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nagesh,

Thanks for the info. I think I can use the workaround (temporary assingment of rights) mentioned above to change the owner. However, changing the owner of the broadcast setting alone will not fully solve the problem. The user also need to have the access to the customised saved view of the report (which is tied to another user) in order to change the report format.

Cheers,

Lashan

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Found a workaround although not ideal. I can temporarily assign the user the required rights to view all setting. User can then copy the settings (using save as option) and once done I can remove the rights.

However, the report format would have been customised and saved (using save view option) prior to setting up the information broadcast. When transfering ownership I also need to transfer the ability for the user to edit the saved format without starting from scratch. Any table or transaction I could use to do this? So at the moment I have a solution to enable the new user to change the distribution list and schedule, but not the report format which is required.