Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to change datasource of a group in portal

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Evryone,

I am using EP7.0

When I am creating a new group under User Administration->Identity Management ->Create new Group,

a new group gets created, but the data source of this group is "UME Datasource".

I want to change the data source of this group. The available data sources when I search the groups are "R3_ROLE_DS", "UME Datasource", "Built-in Groups Adapter".

But there is no way that I can create a group with , say R3_ROLE_DS data source. On creation of a new group it just asks for a group name and group description. It always creates a group with a default data source "UME Datasource".

Can anyone help me on this.

Thanks

Vikram

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vikram,

whatever group you create in portal,it will take UME Database as the data source.

if you create groups in backend and your UME is backend then it takes R3_ROLE_DS as a data source

Thanks

Bala Duvvuri

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

Really appreciate your help.

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Bala,

I do not have much knowledge about UME so kindly bear with me.

The problem that I am facing is : when I search for groups in portal, then I am able to view/search groups that are of type R3_ROLE_DS( ie these groups have been created in backend) as well as groups with type :"UME DATABASE".

I just want to know, that if I want to create a group in portal with type R3_ROLE_DS, then is it possible or not?

Basically, the issue is that groups created in backend are vsible/can be used in portal, but can I create groups through portal that can be visible/used in backend?

Vikram

Former Member
0 Kudos

As was mentioned, creating a group in UME with ABAP as the datasource will only make it in the UME source, not ABAP. The reason is that only ABAP admins can make ABAP roles, which then appear as UME groups.