cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to catch the Ctrl-V (paste) event in TextEdit UI element

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I want to track the Ctrl-V event in the TextEdit UI element . Is there any possibility to do this .

Please help .

Regards

Vivek

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vivek,

The events which can be captured on a UI element are all available among the set of properties for that UI element. Text edit however doesn't seem to have any action/event that can be captured. So it won't be possible to capture this event.

Regards

Wenonah

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

Basically I want to know , How does the webdynpro framework

Track the Ctrl-V event and read the data from Clipboard .

Regards

Vivek

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Web Dynpro as of now does not provide control over some events like onPress Key, on Mouse over etc..

May be in future we expect this kind of functionality.

CLPB_IMPORT is used to read clipboard but it works only for SAPGUI.

Abhi

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hello Experts,

> Basically I want to know , How does the webdynpro framework

> Track the Ctrl-V event and read the data from Clipboard .

> Regards

> Vivek

Actually Web Dynpro Framework isn't even involved in that operation. It all happens on the client side. It is normal HTML and the browser handles the Ctrl-V and the reading of the Clipboard. The values in the form field for the TextEdit post back with the next server event - but the server side framework has no visibility to their origin - ie. manual input vs. Clipboard. The server side Web Dynpro Framework has absolutely no access to the client side Clipboard.

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

>

> Hi

>

> Web Dynpro as of now does not provide control over some events like onPress Key, on Mouse over etc..

> May be in future we expect this kind of functionality.

>

> Abhi

The upcomming release of NetWeaver 7.0 (Q3 of 2008) has support for HotKeys and Keyboard Access. We also added Drag and Drop event handlers. I have my doubts if any sort of onMouse* events will ever be added to WD because they could be potential performance problems. Remember even now that we have AJAX based events, all the eventing in WD does require communication with the server. So events that are triggered very frequently and are typically only handled on the frontend in web programming probably won't come to Web Dynpro - at least in the forseable future.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am using NW7.0SP20. How do I prevent "drag" event of WD UI elements like radio/checkbox?

Currently I am able to drag a radio/checkbox element from browser to my desktop.

regards,

Sujesh