How to capture the Textelements value

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone give me the command to capture the Textelement value

<----

<param name="ELEMENT_TYPE_1" value="FILTER"/>

<param name="ELEMENT_NAME_1" value="ZCUSTSALE__ZLOGOPRTN"/>

---

I need to capture the value which the user selects for a dropdown filter in one of the tabs of webtemplate.

If anyone has the JavaScript !!!

so that I can then pass value it as a URL to another template in WAD, which has multiple TABS.

Would award points...

thanks

BWinfo

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The dropdown will have an identifier and

document.yourform.yourselectionbox.options[document.yourform.yourselectionbox.selectedIndex].value

this will give you the value in the dropdown to be used further. For passing between tabs or pages you will need the key and not the text and hence must structure the dropdown accordingly to show key and text and parse out the text part of the dropdown value.

Arun

P.S Assigning points is a way of saying thank you in SDN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Arun,

The template name is : TPL,

The dropdown is from Nav. attribute : ZCUSTSALE_LOGPRTN.

Can you please tell me the command which I need to insert and which part of the HTML do I insert. I assume this should be part of the Main template of the multiple tabs.

former_member184494
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

bwinfo,

you will need to write the javascript as part of the onchange() function assigned to the dropdown.

document.yourform.ZCUSTSALE_LOGPRTN.options[document.yourform.ZCUSTSALE_LOGPRTN.selectedIndex].value

Here it is simple javascript , what you need to do is assign the onchange() function and you can get the command URL and needed manipulation done.

Arun

P.S check if the form name and the dropdown name are the same , open the template through Internet explorer and check the dorpdown name or the HTML view