cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To Capture Portal Logon ID through WD ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Am facing an issue in Web dynpro through ABAP. The issue is i need to capture the Portal Logon Id in my webdynpro development through ABAP. I know how its done in Java as methods ara available to capture the logon id.

Like Java, is there any method available for the same to capture the current login id or does it needs to be passed through the parameters in URL id? If it needs to be passed as parameter, then how exactly are we capturing the logon name in the parameter in the iview? (setting the logon name as parameter / the logon name field)

I am looking for some method so that the portal user id can be called on from the abap development irrespective of any parameter passage.

Any info will prove great help.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Santhosh,

if the portal user and the sap user are different .you can use <b>portal eventing </b>to send and receive data from the portal to WDA applications and vice versa.

please refer to the demo of thomas jung on portal eventing for an idea

there he uses the BSP to WDA communication.the same can be done for portals too.

regards

suhair

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ppl,

Thanks for your suggestions.

in ABAP, the field SY-UNAME captures the R/3 login id and the configuration part required to do is the mapping of the portal id with the R/3 id. So its not necessary that the portal id can get reflected in the SY-UNAME field. A mapping/configuration needs to be established between the R/3 and Portal. The problem is solved now. Thanks all for your help.

Thanks & Regards,

Santosh.

anil_w
Explorer
0 Kudos

Santosh,

If your portal is running on SSO (Single sign on) then once your ABAP Dynpro component is started you can always check value of SY-UNAME system variable for name of current login user.

Thanks

Anil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Anil,

Thanks for your reply. I tried with that. The issue here is that i am logging into SAP and then the development is done. And hence when i am testing it, its not taking that ID. For eg; if i write a statement break SAP-LOGIN-NAME , its not taking that id. still ill check and confirm. As of now i do not have iview configured.

Secondly, one important thing i need to know is how to force for a login each time whenever the application is run? In java, its a simple of adding the 'authorization' property in the 'properties' tab of the application. But have no idea on how to do the same in ABAP. Do you have any idea?

Thanks,

Santosh.