cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to capture BO Report error and email the details (error handling)

Former Member
0 Kudos

If you have your webi report integrated with your web application. How can I capture errors produced by Webi report? And how can I email those error details to the administrator? (Basically Error Handling)

For e.g. the report has thrown the following error message:

The document is too large to be processed by the Web Intelligence server.

(WIS 30271)

How can I capture and email the error details to the administrator?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could look at setting up a Notification on the report that will email out when the report fails.  There should be no need to do any coding for this.

When you schedule a report, there is an scheduling option for Notification.

-Dell

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Dell. In our case the reports are not scheduled but are on-demand reports. User clicks on the report link at our website and it opens up the live report within an IFRAME of our website page.

Sometimes these users run into problems due to several exceptions that we as administrator would like to know. That's the reason we would like to have receive an email as soon as a user come across any kind of exception while running this report.

Thank you,

saurabh_pathak
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Though I am not sure if this is really possible as I have not done anything of that sort but in the XI 3.1 API guide you can see some of the classes like

1. QueryException Class
  2. REException  Class
  3. ServerException Class

As per the class description you can leverage them to achieve what you want.

~ Saurabh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Saurabh. I downloaded the API guide and can see all the items in the left column but when I click on them they don't show any details about that class. Looks like an incomplete file.

DellSC
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I can see the information in my file.  Sometimes there's a security issue in Windows with opening .chm files - it will deactivate some of the active content.  Try right-clicking on the file, go to Properties.  On the General tab there may be a button labelled "Unblock" - click on it and then determine whether you can see the content.

-Dell