cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to call JMIGMON manually for NW7.31 JAVA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have a requirement to migrate NW 7.31 JAVA system from AIX/DB2 to Microsoft Windows/MSSQL.

As part of the export process using SWPM we don't find any step to Start Migration Monitor (JAVA) manually. So, in case if JMIGMON need to be call manually what will be the steps have to follow?

Please provide your suggestions.

Regards,

Basis Bug

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

S_Sriram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Team.

Refer the SAP KBA for JMIGMON on NW 7.3 1844131 - Using JMigMon

refer the SAP Note for Solution - 1535097 - JMigMon - path to secure store

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Thanks for your reply.

I already gone through the SAP notes, as per the note 1844131 if we set JAVA_MIGMON_ENABLED=true during export will SAPINST ask to trigger manually? I also don't see any Table Splliting Preparation step in SWPM, in case SAPINST stop to trigger JMIGMON manually after using the above option how should we execute Table Splitting Preparation steps for JAVA.

If we have to perform all the migration steps manually starting from JSIZECHECK, JPGKCTL and JMIGMON/JLOAD how did we tackle the post processing steps (like generating nametab).

Regards,

Basis Bug

S_Sriram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basis Team.

1. Are you having any large amount of table in Java stack?  If you have large amount of tables in SAP system you can select the table splitting option, otherwise its not required,

2. Since it is a OS / DB migration you have to follow the SAP Heterogeneous system copy method. SAP standard export on source and target import. follow the SAP system copy guide to find the right SWPM on Source & target version systems.  SAP NetWeaver Guide Finder

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Yes, there are 5 large table size more than 400 GB in JAVA and we are planning to perform table splitting for those tables.

SAP Heterogeneous system copy guide already followed. But the option mentioned in the guide is not exactly available in SWPM (highlighted in Yellow color).

Regards,

Basis Bug.

S_Sriram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

1.  Is it latest version of SWPM ?

2. Check this SDN link - http://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/scn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/b070e7b4-a5ca-2c10-1dab-a4b53fd1c...

BR

SS

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SS,

Yes, I am using latest SWPM available in SMP.

My point is SAP as per the SAP standard System Copy guide options are not available in SWPM.

Like I mentioned in my earlier reply, apart from that also you will not get any option to enable Parallel Export/Import for JAVA. I hope JMIGMON will generate the signal file by default and thats why this option is not enabled.

If you follow the link you referred in your last reply we are getting exactly same SAPINST screens, there are no option to stop JMIGMON and trigger it manually.

There are lot of discrepancies between SAP guide and SWPM, which is creating to many confusion.

Regards,

Basis Bug

S_Sriram
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basis team.

I think For Java system you may not use the parallel export / import. Kindly refer the SCN thread

BR

SS

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member182967
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Basis,

Start the Java Migration Monitor as user <sapsid>adm using the following shell script: jmigmon_export.sh or jmigmon_import.sh

Regards,

Ning