Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to bind modal efficiantly

former_member205624
Contributor
0 Kudos

hi, all

Can any one tell me how to bind modal to other views or custom controller. Because a modal have many bapi but in a application we required very few field as compare to whole modal. If we bind whole modal to each view then this is not a very good idea. But if not then some how It may lead to some unexpected result.

Please help me out.

regards

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi jitender,

if u have more number of models in ur project, u can customise according to u r use....

let us say...

i am 4 views.........

i had already one component controller present in the data modeler...if u can, add the custom controller.. so that u can add some of the models to custom controllers and some of the models to component controllers, that depends on the use of ur models in the views.....

if u want more info, dont hessitate to ask...i am here to guide u...

hope this helps u

regards...

sunil

vijayakhanna_raman
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi jitender,

Open the data modeler by right-click of the controller. Create the data link detween the controller and the model(See the data link option at ur left ie an arrow mark).u can get an Map window that u need to map. just drag the model class context from right to the controller context of ur left, which ever is needed.

then from controller u can do the same for the views also.

Regards,

Vijayakhanna Raman

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jitender ,

Actually we create a model by selecting required bapis from BE R/3 server using adaptive RFc model and at the back SAp Enterprise connector tool takes care of genarating proxies.

See we may <b>generate many models in our application so we need to add required models in that particular webdynpro component</b>.

we use component controller (custom controller) and bind that model to it which includes both inputs and outputs.

so now we need to add this custom controller to our views and bind the needed input fields basd on ur requirement to the first view and bind output fields to view in which u want to display result

achim_hauck2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

you can cretae a custom contropller as "service controller" (with a template) and bind it to just the bapi you need.

then you can use this custom controller in your view and just map those attributes/nodes that you'll need (but be sure to use all mandatory fields).

kr, achim