cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid "Accept SAP Fiori visual theme" after starting NWBC

former_member193127
Participant

Hello,

SAP Belize Theme is sh...it, my Opinion, Screenshots attached! OSS Note 2365556: "We are convinced that Belize is providing a far superior user experience and visual impression compared to the old themes." --> But for working with this is this is a bad joke, for example you have in V/08 only 7-8 lines depending on screensize and in the old themes about 15! Or lets add a Partner in BP-Customer-Partners. You need to find the button to add another one?!? Or the importants "buttons" disappears in the menu and it is not easy to reach if you need it about ten times in a minute!

Nevertheless, there is a checkmark in SAP Logon GUI Options "Accept SAP Fiori visual theme". This is automatically reset as default after I opened the NWBC. I do not want it!

Have anybody an Idea how to avoid?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

jude_bradley
Advisor
Advisor

You will find registry entries for this in the Administration guide included in the compilation/DOCU folder.

This should allow you to disable this option on startup.

Accept SAP Fiori visual theme

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\SAP\General\Appearance] AcceptFioriTheme (REG_DWORD)

[Default: 1] {0; 1}

former_member193127
Participant
0 Kudos

Thanks for your respond, but the value change always from 0 to 1 if I start the NWBC?

FrankKrauseGUI
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Benjamin,

when you are running SAP GUI in SAP Business Client, SAP GUI takes over the settings from the SAP Business Client.
Since you are running SAP Business Client in Belize theme, you also get SAP GUI in Belize theme.
You can either use a different theme in SAP Business Client or you can set the SAP Business Client option "Use SAP GUI Theme" in combination with the setting that you already found in the SAP GUI Options dialog.

And now regarding your feedback on the Belize theme:

>But for working with this is this is a bad joke, for example you have in V/08 only 7-8
>lines depending on screensize and in the old themes about 15!

Yes, that is a result of the changed screen metrics. The idea of the Belize theme is to display transactions running in SAP GUI as if they were SAP UI5 applications. Since these applications are using a substantially higher font size, we adjusted the font size in SAP GUI as well. And my personal opinion is that this is looking much better. Of course it decreases the amount of data on the screen like you say.

Since design is always a matter of taste we are always allowing users to select the theme of their choice. You cannot expect that a more modern looking UI comes without any impact and if you do not like the new theme, you can continue with one of the old ones.

>Or lets add a Partner in BP-Customer-Partners. You need to find the button to add another one?!?

When we introduced the Belize theme, a massive project together with all SAP S/4HANA application teams was run. During this project, many applications were checked and the most important buttons either moved into the footer as "Processing Actions" or placed prominently within the header. If the relevant buttons are not placed were they should be, I encourage you to report such issues via a customer incident.

In case you are talking about the absence of icons: We have removed the icons for the same reason I mentioned above; to look like SAP UI5. However, we are planning to introduce an option in SAP GUI for Windows with the next release that will allow to restore the icons in the Belize theme.

>Or the importants "buttons" disappears in the menu and it is not easy to reach if you need it about ten times in a minute!

This will also be improved with the change that I mentioned above (restore icons), because the buttons disappear in the "More" menu since texts are simply much wider than icons.

By the way: The "Cookbook" explains quite a lot about what is different in Belize theme:
https://help.sap.com/viewer/bb49e152c3514105b4170e6802735425/1709%20000/en-US/61de185602e242eb9b541f...

Best regards,
Frank Krause
Product Owner SAP GUI for Windows
SAP SE

former_member193127
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello Frank Krause,

thanks for your answer.

I wonder how often SAP published software which is absolutely not ready for daily use especially by surfaces. I had a lot of troubles/errors with new OSS Notes with Fioris and SAP Screen Personas. But what is realy bad, our customer who works with SAP S/4 HANA 1610 and NWBC 6.5 has an enourmous number of errors like in screenshot 2 and is unfortunately dissatisfied with SAP at all. I know, there are aftercare solutions with OSS Notes and Patches (with possible dependencies), but this is a troublesome unpleasant issue which seems relevant by every new surface solution.

Nevertheless back to the problem, so there is no possibility to avoid the checkmark in SAP Logon Pad "Accept SAP Fiori visual theme" after openened the NWBC in Belize although there is the checkmark not mark in NWBC (see attached screenshot)?

Thanks for a short answer.

FrankKrauseGUI
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Benjamin,

You are using the Belize theme in SAP Business Client and it makes perfect sense that the SAP Business Client informs SAP GUI to use the same theme. Else this is not harmonized by default. And if you do not want to use the Business Client theme in SAP GUI, then you can override the default via the option from your screenshot.

Therefore, you can either:

1) Select another theme in SAP Business Client
2) Use the setting above and de-select the option "Accept Belize Theme" / "Accept Fiori Visual Theme" in SAP GUI for Windows

Best regards,
Frank

former_member193127
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, thanks for your answer. So, there is no option to avoid the harmonization after starting NWBC in Belize?

Thanks for clearification

FrankKrauseGUI
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hello Benjamin,

if you start NWBC in Belize, you can still use the setting "Accept Belize Theme" / "Accept Fiori Visual Theme" = OFF in SAP GUI for Windows. However, you also need to turn on "Use SAP GUI Theme" in NWBC.

With these settings you get an NWBC with Belize running an embedded SAP GUI for Windows which can be using Blue Crystal, Corbu or Signature.

Best regards,
Frank

sandra_thimme
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert

Hi Benjamin,

you can specify different themes for different UI Technologies. E.g., set the themes for dynpro transactions via registry and the specified theme will be applied if the Business Client setting Use SAP GUI theme is true.

Regards,

Sandra