cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to avoid caching of css, images, javascript...

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm writing a new portal component for the portal which utilizes some images and javascript. unfortunately, I need to make changes to the javascript already deployed as part of the component. My changes are deployed as part of the par file (I can see the change when I browse the deployment), but when accessing the script via the web browser, I see the original code. No matter what I do, I can't seem to flush the cache to get the portal to present the new files.

Any suggestions? I've tried searching SDN, but search appears to be broken at the moment.

And, before anyone suggests it, I don't have access to the file system on which the portal is running, so I can't manually remove the files.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

detlev_beutner
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ken,

That's often a problem, and not always the same cause... So go through this list, maybe twice

- CTRL-F5 on client side

- Clear the HTTP Cache - http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/en/43/e0388e1778bc4681097b0d4669fd78/frameset.htm

- Clear the PRT cache: /irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/com.sap.portal.prt.cache.CacheAdministration -- switch to memory cache -- pageBuilder -- display groups for shared etc (NOT destroy!!!) -- mark entries -- delete selected

Hope it helps

Detlev

Former Member
0 Kudos

D'oh, it was the browser cache.

Thanks guy. Points awarded.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You tried flushing the navigation cache, and your browser's cache? Try synching all your DC's and redeploying and activating.