cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign the Roles for Portal devolpers

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

How to give the roles and groupes to the Portal devolper as a Portal Adminstrator .

Which roles or groupes i need to give?

In one switchvation i have given System admin and content admin roles to that user by that time he is not able to Create the iview .At that time i have given Administrator and Every one group then only he can able to create the iview but here one porblem he got Useradmin tab also .

How can i manage with out getting the User admin tab?

please help me .

Regards

Srinivas

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To be able to create iviews, you don't need administrator access. The content admin role and the permissions on the appropriate PCD folders should be enough.

-Hassan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for replay

How to give the permissions to the PCD folders for specific user ?

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

navigate to the folder in pcd where u need to provide acces to ur user to work.

right click on the folder and select the permission.

in the permission editor u can select the user name and assign permission as per ur requirement.

by default user with content admin role has read permission

regards,

vijay,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for giveing replay .

I have resolve the problem with help you

Regards

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

its good that ur problem is solved

if u find any of the above replies helpful u can appreciate in SDN way i.e by assigning the points and closing the thread

Cheers,

vijay.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Srinivas,

The Basic Role that Everyone in a Company should be having the role called: eu_role

There are 3 Major Roles in Portal

1.content_admin_role - Only for the Users who creates iViews/Pages/Worksets/Setting Permissions etc..

2.system_admin_role - Create/Maintain Systems assign System Permissions,providing support etc.,

3.user_admin_role - Create/Modify Portal Users/Assign User Mapping to Systems assign Roles/Groups etc..

You need to assign the relevant roles to the relavant Persons.

Basically Portal Developers should have all the above 3 roles in Development Box as they will be doing all the above activities.

NOTE : Only in DEVELOPMENT Portal

Instead of assigning all the 3 roles seperately the role called super_admin_role can be assigned to the Developers ( as it contains all the above 3 role's permissions in the Portal)

If You dont want Developer to get User Administration Tab, You just go-ahead and Assign the below roles and remove the other assigned roles:

content_admin_role

system_admin_role

eu_role

For assigning PCD folder Permission to the specific user:

Go to System Administration->Permissions->Select the Folder in the Portal Content->Right Click->Open Permission->Search for the Specific User (Select Users in the Dropdown)->Click "GO"->Once the user is shown,select the Check Box->Click "Add" (above)->The Username will come to the below "Assigned Permission"->Selet "End User".->Save.

Its Done.

If you need more clarification Let me know.

Regards,

Karthick Eswaran

*Reward Points for helpful answers

Edited by: Karthick Eswaran on Jun 2, 2008 9:57 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

in general assigning content admin role to u a user and providing fullcontrol access to a folder in pcd which allows user to work with iviews.

pcd:portal_content/administrator/content_admin/content_admin_role

but check it out already assigned roles to groups.

regards,

vijay.