Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign an element to another report object

Uli_Stoeckl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I hope anyone could help me to solve my problem with a report. I am trying to assign an element to another object which is only available on higher level.

For instance it looks like this:

Level

Object

Attribute

1. BG.T

EM

1. BG.TA1

#

1. BG.TB1

#

1. BG.TB2

#

1. GG.T

A

1. GG.TA1

#

1. GG.TR1

#

The aim is to show the attribute from level 1 at all belonging objects below. It is like an inheritance.

The technical number of all related objects is identical on the first three digits; excluding the point.

Is there any possibility?

Thanks in advance,

Uli

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ulrich,

Can you give more info. What is the data source.

the sample data level 1 and 3 ,which you have showed are coming from same column ?

Uli_Stoeckl
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using Crystal Reports for Enterprise 4.1 (SP6) and the Data Source is a BEx Query. For the shown example there are three columns: Level, Object, Attribute. The shifting within the column Level at level 3  is only used for a demonstrative description. But all levels are displayed in the same column. The same at column Attribute.

The first digits for level  1 and 3 are identically (A.BG.T). Only on level 3 there are some additional digits.

Level and Attribute are Navigation Attributes of the character Object. Beyond that this report has a simple design. There is no grouping, crosstabs or subreports.

Regards

Uli

Uli_Stoeckl
Participant
0 Kudos

Any Suggestion is very appreciated