cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to assign a value(populate) a custom field in a PCUI page ?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am working in SAP CRM on its web interface PCUI.

I have created a custom field "ZZ_NEWFIELD" through EEWB in Business Partner. It is visible in accounts transaction header (crmm_account).

Now if I create an opportunity for this business partner, I want to fetch the value of "ZZ_NEWFIELD" from BP Master and display it in opportunity(header) transaction.

Can someone tell me how to go about it ? I am novice to BSP applications.

Regards

Vishal

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vishal,

you might want to post this question in the CRM forum.

Additionaly have a look at this weblog - it maybe has an answer for your question:

regards

Francisco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Francisco for your reply.

I have already posted it in the CRM forum as well but thought to place it here also.

As for the weblog you menioned, it just details the method of extending the field and placing it in the IView. I have done it already.

The problem I am facing is to how to populate this field ? I know the source field from where it has to get the data but I dont know the method/code to enable the value in new field placed in the Opportunity header.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to have similar field in Opportunity header.

1) There are few badi's available for Opportunity which will be called during onsave. In those badi's you can fetch the data from BP and populate.which will be a generic solution for GUI and PCUI.

2) If you want only for PCUI and then you have to override the READ methd of MAC ( CL_BSP * 1O * ) .

In that just add the code to fetch and populate the field.

Regards,

Abdul Raheem S