cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How To ... APD & InfoSpoke for Offline-Reporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guys,

My aim is to download some data from BI into Excel-Pivot-Table. User can click in Excel ->Data->External data->actualize Data and he has the newest KPIs.

Now the troubleshooting. I want to realize this according to this thread:

using APD and / or InfoSpoke. I have a query with filters, rows, columns (columns are as one structure key indicators and characteristics, so that APD can read it). Now the output should be into a Database. This can handle InfoSpoke, but it doesn't communicate with APD. grrr

So the question. How is it possible to extract automatically data from BI into "somewhere" and from "somewhere" into Excel-Pivot.

Do you use some offline solutions?

Thank you for any answers

Greetings to SAP

Standa

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are working on a solution via FM RRW3_GET_QUERY_VIEW_DATA - this FM delivers texts as well.

greetings

Standa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all of you,

Siva solved my problem:

""""

Hi,

It is possible to get the description text through APD.

you can write a routine to get the description of the text for the corresponding infoobject.

Process flow is like below :

Query - Routine - APD (ODS).

In the routine, you can do the following things..

1. select all entries from text table (/BIC/TXXXX) for the corresponding infoobject and put into internal table .

2. Read the internal table with key(infoobject) equal to source data(from query) .

3. If the data found the text table and update the target field with text.

Hope it will help.

Regards,

Siva.

"""

Thank you very much, Siva,

this solves the problem. It's a little bit complicated, if there are some changes in the query - you have to change all the routines as well, but it works.

Now we are working on another solution as well and we are almost finished -> FM RRW3_GET_QUERY_VIEW_DATA delivers description text and key characteristics -> we will concatenate them into one field, save as csv, read it via excel pivot table and there make the analysis available for offline purposes.

100 points.

Have a nice day

Greetings

Standa

former_member195940
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Standa,

we have a data model something similar like the one you are mentioning.

Multi provider->Query->(Using APD)--->ODS->Info spoke--> FTP to 3rd party.

This is what we are using...

assign points if helpful..

Kalyan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much, Kalyan, Emanuel.

This is going to be a really productive discussion. Everyone will get 10 points on the end.

Now I'm standing infront of the last decission:

1) via APD it's not possible to generate description texts (only key values) - why, and how to change it in order to get results:

0Prod_hier Text

001 ABC

2) or to access via VBA-Code excel file .xls generated by Information Broadcaster and saved in Portal under: http://<%hostname%>/irj/go/km/navigation/documents/Public%20Documents?StartUri=/documents

BUT WITHOUT any BI-permissions

If someone has a solution for my proposal 1 or 2, please let me know. The rest is made by excel -> data -> import external data -> create pivot table.

The only point is, where the data should be stored -> with description texts and in some folder on a server.

Have a nice day.

Standa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is it possible to set in Information Broadcaster -> publish as EXCEL into FILE-Server-Structure like in this scenario?

not accessing KM - Folder but directly a file server structure?

Former Member
0 Kudos

How can I read via ABAP the KM-Folder and save the excel file on file server?

Could you please provide some sample code?

Thank you very much

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kalyan,

we need with APD Texts als well, is it possible to generate texts?? Or do you transport only characteristics without text?

Thank you

Standa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Standa,

Forget about the InfoSpoke.

You can use APD to read the data from query and then put the data directly into CSV file. Flat Files can be APD targets.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Emmanuel,

I taught the same. But how can be .csv files read and automatically actualized by ms excel? in a database it would be perfect.

do you have any hints how to automatize data exchange bi -> excel?

thank you

Standa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Have you thought of using excel's data import functionality? The menu path is Data->Import External data->Import Data. You can the select your CSV file and excel will import data. You can automate this step using a macro (a VBA code).

Hope this helps.