cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add missing fields in Transfer Rules

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have done a system copy from Prod to Dev. Some of the infopackage and transfer rules are missing. I am trying to create transfer rules for one of the datasource '0FI_GL_10'. The transfer rules are created fine but some fields are missing in the transfer rules. Let us say "RMVCT - Transaction Type" is available in the datasource but missing in the transfer rules. I have assigned the correct info object to it but unable to solve the problem. Any one can help me for that issue?

Thanks,

Shehzad

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member182346
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi

double click on datasource - go to Fields tab  - 4th column called Transfer, check that.

For all the checked fileds will be available for mapping.

This is even true in case of transformation, if you are using 7x flow.

Thank-You.

Regards,

VB

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Vinod.

I have checked the Transfer column and those fields were unchecked and that's why not available for mapping. My problem have fixed.

I have a query for knowledge purpose when we activate 3.x datasource like 0FI_GL_10. Should we create Transfer Rules, Update Rules first and then migrate it to 7.0. Or After activation we can upgrade 3.x datasource direct to 7.0 then create transformation, infopackage, DTP, etc....

I would like to know what is the best practice if we are using BI-7 flow. Is there any document that can provide the list of datasources that can work only in 3.x and same for 7.0

Thanks,

Shehzad

I will assign the points to you.

former_member182346
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Glad to hear, your issue resolved.

I suggest  after activation we can upgrade 3.x datasource direct to 7.0 then create transformation, infopackage, DTP, etc.... Also look for the 7x flow in BI content.

Check the BI Content in RSA1.

Check data flow before/after for infoprovider/datasource you are interested.

To my knowledge, with 7.3 version, all 3x datasource can be upgraded to 7x, this include the hierarchy
as well. Only exception is self system datasource (which start with 80....)

Thank-You.

Regards,

VB

Answers (0)