cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add a new parameter in SAPWLCOLPA table as per SAP NOTE 2551269

0 Kudos

The Delivery class for table SAPWLCOLPA is "L" -> table for storing temporary data.

However, the requirement as per SAP NOTE 2551269 is : "add a new parameter to the table SAPWLCOLPA"

Below are the options I tried and the problems associated with it:
1. There is no table maintenance generator for SAPWLCOLPA. Hence I cannot create entries through SM30.
2. This is a temporary table which as per definition stores values only for one database LUW / one user's session. However I see same values in all table at all the times without any change. Is it possible to create an entry in such tables?
3. I simply also tried SE11-> Utilities -> Table Contents -> Create entries. However I have to pass the system ID as PWM(production system ID) and attach it to a transport request. Is this the correct way to do it?
(I have to pass PWM because table does not automatically populates it).

Can someone please guide on these options or any other suggestions.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

raymond_giuseppi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You could build a small report using

• SAPWL_PARAMETERS_READ " check if record(s) already in SAPWLCOLPA
  param_wa-paramname = 'SWNC_COLLECTOR_MAXMEM'.
  param_wa-paramtype = 'I'.
  param_wa-par_intval = more than 600000000. " value in bytes 
  • SAPWL_PARAMETERS_SAVE " the other fields will be filled by the FM

Then in the transport request task, duplicate the line with R3TR/PROG creating a line with R3TR/XPRA, so the report will be executed during import.

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos
is this the correct way to do it?

Yes, you can manually populate entries via SE11/SE16

be aware you can transport a table (which in this case its not a good idea) but you wont be able to get the SID to be updated, you are better off doing this manually in each system if required

Regards, JP

Thank you Juan.

I am also trying to avoid to transporting table entries as the System ID has to be explicitly mentioned different in different systems, I am going to check for possibility of maintaining manually in all systems but using FM as Mehmet suggested looks like a good option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Barkha,

you can use the FB "SAPWL_PARAMETERS_SAVE" to insert or update items.

Best Regards

0 Kudos

Thank you Mehmet.
So in order to use FM I have to create a report program so that I can run it in Production.
The report program can have input selection screen where anyone can enter what parameters are required to be updated in table.

Is that what you would also suggest? Thanks again.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Barkha,

yes you can use own report for that. (There is an example report in SAP "RSSTAT_DET_TCODES")

Best Regards