cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to active a web service in SICF

Former Member
0 Kudos

I posted a similar question earlier, but I am still not clear how to publish a sap standard web service and get it WSDL URL.

I have a WSDL URL for one of my web services in the ESR, but when I paste this URL to a browser, it says "Service can not be reached". I want to active the service in SICF, but I am not sure how, I am new to PI, so I am just wondering is there any step by step instruction on how to active a service first, with how to publish the service, that would be even better.

Very much appreciate if any input.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP Standard service willd efinetly have WSDL and end point adress in Service registry.

If you are using standard service as a interface then after creating sender agrement piublish in service registry or select option display wsdl.

Once you publish in service registry it automatically creates WSDL URL .

i dont think you have to activate anything.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Raja for the response.

But here is exactly the question, when I create sender agreement, I need to create Interface Dertermination, that way I can invoke the standard inbound web service SupplierSimpleByNameAndAddressQueryResponse_In which is the web service I want to publish. But when I create the Interface Determination, it requires Sender, outbound service interface which I don't have, that's where I got stuck, and I don't know how to proceed

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Serach in service registry for SupplierSimpleByNameAndAddressQueryResponse_In , i think definetly it will have a entry with WSDL. if you found then no need to publish anything use WSDL URL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Here is the WSDL URL I got it from out ESR:http://host:port/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/sdef_ECC_SUPPLIERSNAQR/wsdl11/ws_policy/document?sap-client=230 , sorry I hid the host and port number for the client reason, so

1. Do you think this is a valid WSDL URL?

2. When I copy paste this URL to a web browser, it doesn't work, says "The service can not reached"

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

all SAP Standard services will have defintions in Service registry and no need to publish(as per my knolwdge).

It looks it is WSDL , when you open WSDL it should open the structure in Browser.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Raja.

1. It doesn't open, it says to check if the service is activated in SICF

2. Now I have this service in my Dev enviroment, but I don't have it in my Test enviroment, how can publish it there?

rajasekhar_reddy14
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Even your test environment have Service registry right?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Raja, thank you again for your time.

I guess what I want to know is how to pulbish a web service, step by step on how to do it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much Ravi, I will take a look the link.

baskar_gopalakrishnan2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please see the document for activating the web service in SICF

http://www.sapdev.co.uk/webapps/sicfhome.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Blue L,

I think it would probably be a bit better if you clarify your scenario and what it is that you are trying to achieve. It's probably an ECC (provider) service judging from the WSDL URL you've provided:

http://host:port/sap/bc/srt/wsdl/sdef_ECC_SUPPLIERSNAQR/wsdl11/ws_policy/document?sap-client=230

Are you mediating this ECC (provider) service through PI and have you published the service from your PI ESR to your Services Registry? Also, the host:port that you have hidden, is that for your ECC system of PI system?

If you're "not" planning to mediate it through PI, then all you would need to do is create and endpoint binding on ECC using transaction code SOAMANAGER. That will automatically create/activate the corresponding SICF nodes in the ECC backend.

Regards, Trevor

Answers (0)