cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to achieve support input from URL to display images in Xcelsius for ipad.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We need one help in this particular scenario where dynamic images of employee needs to be displayed based on selection in the drop down ( dashboard is to be viewed on SAP BI  Mobile).

Now this case has been implement for desktop version using SWF loader component which takes images from URL but in image component  we don't have this property and secondly the SWF loader component is not supported on ipad. Hence I need alternative ideas/suggestion about how to achieve this or any other component which support input from URL to display images in Xcelsius for ipad.

Rgds,

Thank You.

S.K.Sharma.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member184839
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi S.K.Sharma,

Dynamic images of employees Cant displayed dynamically on a mobile compatible Dashboard, because, none of the dynamic image components are supported in there (Swf loader, Fish eye, Slide show, Sliding Picture Menu).

On the other way you can have the Name of the employees and the unique URL (separate image  of particular employee in a link). Have a image component like the one shown in the attachment, and place the URL Button behind it.
Now have a separate combo box for the selection of the URL. the selected Employee and respective URL ll be in a destination . This URL destination has to be bound with the URL button.

So when the user clicks on the particular employee, his details come up, and if he wants to see the image, he ll have to click on the image which ll take him to the respective link (having the image f that employee).

I hope this helps. Lemme know if further clarification is needed.

Thanks,

Sara G

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Ya thats fine, but I may not like to place a URL button because thats not what my user want. What I would like to know if there is any other way to overwrite the embedded images at dashboard either by editing code at HTML side.

Rgds,

Thank You.

S.K.Sharma.

former_member184839
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi S.K.Sharma,

I dont know if that is possible, but even if it is then you ll have to check if the same is compatible in the mobile too. Because many of the components are itself not supported in the mobile. Anyway try doing it, will great if it is possible.
a script

Here are few links to do the same with java script.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7917342/get-image-or-image-url-on-select-that-image

http://jsfiddle.net/dfheU/

Go through these. Might be of some help.

Thanks,

Sara

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sara,

Well thanx for the valuable inputs of yours and leading me to some directions. Its definitely going to help beside am trying too resolve it and let you know if I get success.

Rgds,

Thank You.

S.K.Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma,

Were you able to achieve this on Ipad? Can you please let me know how can I display dynamic images based on User login which is compatible for Ipad as none of the components like Fish eye, Slide show etc are supported for Mobile?

regards,

Sridhar