cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access remote application from from iview using usermapping on EP6

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to access my sdn home page from an iview using usermapping on EP6. Can please anyone tell me how to do that? I know that same thing can be done by creating .net iview and then assign the iview to the datasource.

Thanks,

Mona

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mona,

Search the SDN Content for "user mapping". Then you will get some results. Here in the pdf file "SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 - Security and User Management" from page 65 on you will find a description how to create a system for web applications and how to create an iView based on this system.

You only have three things to do:

First: Create a PAR-File containing the description of this system and deploy it to the portal

Second: Create a system based on this PAR-File

Third: Change the values described in the pdf to your needs (in system and iview).

The rest works as described in the pdf

To create the system description copy following in a Text-file (Last line is "//irj/servlet/prt/portal/prtroot/PortalAnywhere.default

Here you can upload and deploy your PAR-File to the portal.

Then go to the Systemadministration and create a system (look in the pdf) based on the component you just created (name of your PAR-File).

To get the values you need enter the start page of the web application (SDN Home in this case) an view the source. Look for the "<form" entry!

regards

René

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Following to what Rene mentioned, you can also use Appintegrator par file present in SDN. Download the appintegrator par file, create a Web System Template and then create a system based on that template.

Enter the required properties for user mapping and then create an iview based on that system.

Vivek