cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to access basic cube data as part of update rule routine?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear colleagues:

I am developing a routine as part of the update rule to define a characteristic value to feed an infocube. However, I need to peek up a data that is available on another infoprovider, in this case a basic cube.

So far, I have done that by peeking up data form ODS as part of the update routine, but this is the first time I need to peek up a data from a basic cube.

<b>Does that works the same way as ODS?</b>

Best regards

Waldemar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

krzysztof_konitz4
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can use FM RSDRI_INFOPROV_READ to get specific data from InfoCube. Using this FM you don't have to deal with DIMs but you can select data via characteristics values just like in the query...

Krzys

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Krzysztof Konitz:

I have posted an inquire about getting that from the PSA. By mistake I have posted that once before your reply and another after that. Then I red you reply.

However, you replay solved the problem.

Best regards

Waldemar

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues:

As we are talking about getting such data from a basic cube that is loaded daily, just before this new necessity, <b>how about getting that data from the PSA.</b>

Best regards

Waldemar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi colleagues:

As we are talking about getting such data from a basic cube that is loaded daily, just before this new necessity, <b>how about getting that data from the PSA.</b>

Best regards

Waldemar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Coming to Cubes, the F and E table contain the DIMID's and the corresponding key Figures. The only way possible would be knowing the DIM ID's need and hence mapping it. But I dont suggest going about this way.

Regards,

GPK.