cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to abort/kill the DI job manually

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please share how to abort the DI job manually? One of my requirement that if the row count in source and target is not matched, I should abort the job manually.

Is there any way to abort/kill the DI job?

Thanks,

Vino

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Vino,

You should call the raise_exception function from a script.

Regards

Dan

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If i use raise execption to abort the job then this particular WF should not present with in the try catch block.

But due to some other business requirement, I have to use this with in the try catch block.

So if i use raise exception, this exception will be captured in catch block, and the remaining part of the job will be executed.

Can you please correct me if my understanding is correct or not?

Thanks,

Vino

0 Kudos

Correct, if you abort the job with raise_exception or auditing functionality, the try/catch block will allow the job to continue from the catch onwards.

You could use the raise_exception again in the catch. You could also make it conditional on a variable. This would allow you to control the job depending on the type of error.

Don't over complicate it though. I'd question why you want to abort the job for a data quality issue, but continue for other errors.

Dan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Vino,

If you want to abort a job based on criteria like the one you defined ("the row count in source and target is not matched"), you can easily automate that with the Audit feature in Data Integrator/Data Services. You can check out this feature in the manual (page 422 in the XI 3.1 Designer guide - http://help.sap.com/businessobject/product_guides/boexir31/en/xi31211_ds_designer_guide_en.pdf). The audit feature is also available in the older DI releases (at least since 11.5).

But if your question was just "how to abort the DI job manually ?" -> in Designer in the monitor tab, right click the job (that is currently running) and select "kill job". You can do the same from the Management Console with the "Abort" button.