cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How send mail to initiator's manager

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I'm triggering a workflow which sends mail to initiator when a Purchase order is created. But I want to send mail to manager of initiator's manager, or to Requisitioner whom I enter the username while creating the Purchase order however, I'm not able to do this for hours.

I think  I need to create an element that determines the manager (or requisioner) and bind it. And put the element to receiver of the e-mail.

Thanks for any help.

View Entire Topic
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Even when I just try to send e-mail to initiator when PR is created, workflow doesnt triggered. I'm also trying with PO created. It works! But when PR is created nothing happens. I'm doing the same things in both workflows.

When I check SAP IMG (spro) there is no entry for PR Release strategy but there are something for PO release strategy. So is this problem about entries in SAP IMG ?

thanks.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes you are right. PR release strategy must be define

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

Should it be with or without classification ? Because there are two options. The one which is without classification is defined but with classification is not defined.

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I don't think it is not related to classification,  event is not triggerin because PR release stategy is not defined.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can you help me about defining it ?  I think i misunderstood something. Where in SPRO and how should I define the release strategy to trigger the event ?

anjan_paul
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

you have to check with MM consultant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hai Anjan,

Thanks for all your responses.

I want to find out (misunderstood maybe) last one thing;

Which part of SPRO should I define to make workflow work ?

rambabu_k3
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Mustafa,

PR release strategy can be defined in two ways 1. Item level 2. Overall

this must be decided by Business and then MM functional consultant will configure.

for your question related to classification:

MM guys always prefer using with classification to define filter criteria to trigger

release. to configure this we should create Classes, Release Procedure, Release codes etc...

This is pure MM part so please ask your MM guys.

After release configuration setup is done, when PR is created, Business Object BUS2009 gets triggered if it is item level and BUS2012 gets triggered if it is overall release.

Workflow consultants will use that business object and Event to trigger workflow for release.

Thanks

Rambabu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you so much Rambabu.