cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Mobile Place handle commercial app update?

yao_yong
Explorer
0 Kudos

I am using the cloud Mobile Place and does not have the Afaria client app installed.

How does Mobile Place handle app update for apps that are from commercial appstore Google Play and Apple Appstore?

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Ong Yao Yong,

Please take a look at this document: http://help.sap.com/Download/Multimedia/pdf-mobilesecure/Mobile_Place_User_Guide.pdf

While setting up the Mobile Place user for Enterprise or Cloud user -> Under User Preference, you have two options to select say:  1. When apps are added and 2. When apps are updated.

Once you select the Option2, the enrolled device or the Mobile Place user will get a email notification whenever the app is updated.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Sushmitha

yao_yong
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer!

I guess this is one way to do this. It will be good if there is any configuration for the auto update of the apps as I mention in my above reply to Sejal.

Thanks!

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Yong,

I collaborated with our Engineering and confirmed that Mobile Place do not have a way to notify users when commercial app stores have new updated version of the apps. The User preference setting that Sushmitha has mentioned above can be utilized when an Admin updates the Application policy. I hope this help. Please let me know if you still have questions.

Thank you,
Sejal 

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

former_member228655
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

Once the commercial store apps are installed on the device, depending on device settings, either user can install update manually or it will auto update if it's configured on the device. This is how it works for commercial apps that were installed using Afaria Client. I believe same behavior with Mobile Place but I will confirm and get back you.

Thank you,
Sejal Patel
Sr. Support Engineer

yao_yong
Explorer
0 Kudos

Thank you for your answer!

Just want to clarify "it will auto update if it's configured on the device" part. Is this configuration done on the device native setting or the Afaria client setting? In any case since I am using Mobile Place, is there an auto update option?

Thanks!