cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Do I enable Alternate Hierarchy for GL Account Dimensions on SAP Analytics Cloud

former_member642073
Discoverer
0 Kudos

On SAP Analytics Cloud - when creating Dimensions - using the General Dimensions - allow you to define alternate Hierarchies.

However using the Account Dimension when creating to leverage the Account Type and Formula - This Dimension doesn't enable to add new alternate hierarchies for the GL Account.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

james_lim
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos
ThomasK
Participant
0 Kudos

Documentation

https://help.sap.com/doc/00f68c2e08b941f081002fd3691d86a7/2019.22/en-US/a5af17fec4f1428188ea185a5268...

says:

The Account dimension has only a single hierarchy.

ThomasK
Participant
0 Kudos

Hi, I´ve imported 2 different parts from business content and found out the following:

First model uses SAP_FI_GEN_GLACCOUNT as Account Dimension. In this case you can see that only one hierarchy is possible (no + button available).

Second model uses MEASURE as Account Dimension. SAP_FI_BPL_GLACCOUNT is a Generic Dimension. For this multiple hierachies are supported. (button with + is available).

The downside of the second model seems to be that you don´t have the "Formula" column available in the generic dimension, which allows you to make calculations (e.g. % of Gross Margin in P&L).

My conclusion / assumption: First model is the right one, but multiple hierarchies are (currently) not supported...

Please update this discussion if you found a solution / an final answer.

Regards, Thomas