cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i create an iview out of html

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having the a html page and i want to see this page as an iview in the portal.

can any one can tell me how do i import the html page into portal and make that iview and add to the page.

Thanks

Ajay

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

You can create a JSP dynpage in portal application object, Which along with it creates JSP and dynpage. You can copy the html page and have it in JSP page. To make it display, include a statement in JSP dynpage as

<b>this.setJspName("JSPname.jsp");</b>

For more information on this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/95/cfa441cd47a209e10000000a155106/frameset.htm

<b>URL iview</b>

Also you can use URL iview for displaying the same. just give the URL link in the iview which is created from the template available in the portal

For more information on how to use the URL iview wizard

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/4c/eee2bedf3b4082b14a933e5ee63472/frameset.htm

hope it helps....

Regards,

Ganesh.N

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply,

i have developed an html page and i want to see this html page as an iview in the portal how can i do .

Thanks

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi,

For that you can use the JSPdynpage method, by which your HTML page itself will be viewed as a portal content whereas in the other method your HTML page will be only a part of a iview.

regards,

Ganesh.N

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ganesh, Ajay,

You need not go for the JspDynpage. You can achieve it by using the URL iView only. Try and make the URL iView as I have mentioned. I am sure you will achieve what you are looking for.

Hi Ajay,

This is special mention for you..

<b>Please always reward points to the people helping you on SDN.</b>

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Thanks in Advance!!

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

If the page is a HTML page which just displays content and is not to be hosted,then you can also use KM document iView.

Upload the HTML page or create a new page in KM,create an iView for the same and it's done.

Do revert if you want more details on this.

Regards,

Siddhartha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

here i am having one index.html page in that i am having links to other html pages that is i am having arround 10 html pages attached to this index.html page.

Thanks

Ajay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

You can upload the HTML pages into KM via Content Administration-->KM Content

Create a folder under root to hold the HTML pages.

I created a folder "SIDDHARTHA DOCS" under

root > documents > Public Documents

Then select the Folder in which to upload the pages,then on toolbar under KM content ,open context menu and navigate as

FOLDER>New>Upload

Give Name and description and browse and upload the html file/s.

Then create an iView of type KM Document iView.

In the properties for the iview,give the path to document(HTML Page).The path can be had by right clicking the uploaded page .

In the iView Property,PATH TO DOCUMENT,replace the default path with the path to your HTML Page,like

<b>/documents/Public%20Documents/SIDDHARTHA%20DOCS/test.htm</b>

Use the name as in the properties of the file,no blanks or trailing spaces.

For the links to other pages,create the link with HREF to the complete path obtained for the HTML document as in the properties of the HTML page obtained by right clicking it,this time the complete path with server name etc.

Regards,

Siddhartha

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jain,

It worked fine Jain,Thanks a lot.

Thanks

Ajay

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

pravesh_verma
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Ajay,

You can create a URL iView to view this page in the Portal. To create a iView you must have a portal content Development role. Go to Content Administration -> <your_working_folder> -> Create iview. A list containing all the custom iViews will appear. Select the URL iView.

Add the URL path of the page you want to see in the iView. And then preview this.

I hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Pravesh

PS: Please reward points for helpful answers on SDN.