cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I create a main instance?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

when I want to create an application component in the process scenario edtior I can choose a "main instance". However how do I create a main instance? I suppose that this has to be done in SLD but I found nothing there.

When can a main instance and a product be different? I do not yet fully understand the concept behind it as both consist of several product component versions that can be installed on a technical system, right?

Any explanation is highly appreciated. Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

SAP Help should be able to make things clearer for you. Have a look at here ...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/bc/e1a340fa432b54e10000000a1550b0/content.htm

and here ...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwpi71/helpdata/en/62/c3e9ef18fc90478d2d776bc5b716fb/content.htm

and follwo the links of your interest to dive deeper and deeper ...

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

thank you for the links. However I have already read them and I have not found any information on how to create the main instance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi!

I hope this makes things clearer:

"A main instance is a group of technically interdependent software component versions, which are all installed and run on one server. A main instance represents the smallest non-divisible unit within a system landscape. An application component in a Process Integration scenario represents a system at configuration time and at runtime. Therefore, use main instances by default. This is because main instances represent the software component versions installed on a system. Only if a product comprises exactly one main instance may you also use a product version."

Regards,

Volker

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello again,

it is nearly clear now, however I am still not sure how to create a main instance. Or is it not possible at all to create one?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i think it is not feasible to create a main instance because main instances are sw components installed in your system......

Regards,

Rajeev Gupta

Answers (0)