cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do i access multiple bex queries in one crystal reports??

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I have 10 cubes and 30 bex queries on it and i need to create 3 final crystal reports on these 30 queries.

I am on BI 4.0 & CR 2011. but my client is not on correct SAP patch ie., he is on 15+ but he must be on 23+ to access multiple bex queries on CR 2011 Database expert. (I am unable to see bex queries in Database expert to link couple of bex queries)

And my client env doesnt have SAP EP for SAP BW Netweaver Connection to create a connection to access cubes or queries in IDT.

Do my client env need EP? so that SAP BICS Connection will work in IDT?

How do i approach to achive this...

Thank you...

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Moved to SAP Integration Kit forum.

Typically CR requires the same patch level be applied across all systems requiring BOE/CR/SAP runtime for functional consistancy.

So it's not clear what you are asking, Are you able to on your PC but not using the Customers system?

Does your customer need to update? Yes but check with their System Admin first or because you are on BOE 4.0 you can create a case in SMP and work with a Report to verify upgrade steps etc.

Don

Former Member
0 Kudos

Don,

By raising a SMP we came to know that, due to patch level bex queries are not visible in database expert. But we are able to see cubes. But as of now my customer is not intrested to update patch level.

How good if i link cubes in CR2011. Please recommend on this. when i tried this CR warns that "since you are using multiple data sources or multiple procedures, server side grouping is not possible" or so...

Thanks.

0 Kudos

Hello,

CR is a relational database reporting tool, which means if you can't link data sources then it can cause problems, performance or depending on the source you'll always see the same data.

Work around is to add the second Cube in a subreport and then figure out how to link it. You can use a formula to create the if possible.

Don

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you checked the option "allow external access" in your query? SAP Toolbar will find all queries but the database export needs this flag to be set.

Using multiple queries within one crystal report is using the "multi database join feature" of crystal reports. You can link your queries by key fields and crystal will join them in memory. So when there are many queries or many datarows this can be a huge performance killer.

Actuallly one of our customers is running a report which has more than 20 BEx queries linked together. It runs just fine.

Please be sure to set your joins correctly. E.g. crystal will try to make a join on the "key figures" sturcture if you let it create a suggestion or it will try to link on all fields of an infoobject. This will bring MDX errors.

So you should be setting your joins correctly - the [infoobject]-[20infoobject] fields are fine for that.

I hope you can use some of my words.

Regards

Thorsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

Actually there are very less common fields to relate the cubes/queries, hence we are unable to link them in CR2011 or WebI.

So we have choosen LiveOffice to pull the data and calculate in excel, my final calculated data in the excel workbook will be input to my dashboard.

We have choosed LiveOffice as a work around for this.

Thanks,

IngoH
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

Hi,

technically speaking you can combine those queries in Crystal Reports, yes - but if that is something you have to do on a regular base you should look at options like a MultiProvider in BW or you can use the Multi-Source Universe option in BI4.

the multi-source Universe access the InfoProvider in a relational way, which means you will not have restricted keyfigures, calculated keyfigures and external hierarchies.

ingo

Henry_Banks
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Hi,

merging 10 dataproviders into 1 summary report is asking for trouble. It'll run terribly.

you should consider consolidating that data further, or splitting up the reporting requirements.

If your customer is on 7.00 then this is a problem .. really, 7.01 SP08 and above for success, or 730 SP05 for the leading edge.

but most of all, your customer should use WebI. Then you can have mulitple dataprovider queries merged into 1 report document.

Regards,

H