cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How Delta works for 0CO_OM_CCA_9 extractor and other points

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

I would like to know how delta works for  0CO_OM_CCA_9  extractor? As per Table ROOSOURCE , its shows Delta as 'ADD' means Additive delta which what i understand is if Old record has key figure as 1000 and changed value is 1500 then delta will bring +500 in the PSA.

if my understanding is correct then how we can design the data flow in BW?

Question 1: If requirement is to have a custom DSO and then to cube, do we have to make all the key figures as 'Summation' in the DSO?  Please suggest the Design flow in BW with DSO as a requirement.

Question 2: I checked in table COEP, there are millions of records , we are bringing CCA_9 for the first time? what should be the ideal approach to load in BW for the first time and then how should be initialize Delta?

Question 3: COEP has many 88 fields, and Extractor has far less fields, if requirement is to have all the 88 fields in the extractor then how we can enhance standard Extractor 0CO_OM_CCA_9 for extra fields from COEP?

Kindly share your thoughts.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

CCA_9 datasource brings data of costs incurred on cost center.

CCA_9 Datasource works with delta process ADD - Additive delta process

ADD works as follows

once a new entry is posted or an existing posting is changes at ECC side, an additive images shows the difference between the numeric values.

Please refer to below example.

Intial load to a target DSO

recordcost elementrecordmodeamountcurrency
1400035N(New Entry)4500USD

cost element 400035 value is changed to 5000 from 4500 in ECC then the datasource sends one entry to BI for the cost element with the value 500 nothing but difference between the new value and the orginial value. then it will look as below.

recordcost elementrecordmodeamountcurrency
200400035A(Additive)500+USD

finally up on activation of DSO entry will be shown as below.

cost elementrecordmodeamountcurrency
400035 5000USD

in my project i am directly updating  to Infocube there is no DSO in between. Delta is working fine.

Note: CCA_9 has safety time interval is 2hours if there is any changed record it will take 2 hours time to update in the Extractor for delta update. if you do a full upload record will be picked immediately.

Thanks&Regards

Praveen

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Question 2: I checked in table COEP, there are millions of records , we are bringing CCA_9 for the first time? what should be the ideal approach to load in BW for the first time and then how should be initialize Delta?

Ans : If you feel the recs are very huge, then to begin with you can do full load by splitting the infopkgs with some selection conditions like mothwise/plantwise, etc. & then do init with data. OR you can do init without data & for previous data u can do repair full load again by splitting the IPs on some selection criteria.

Question 3: COEP has many 88 fields, and Extractor has far less fields, if requirement is to have all the 88 fields in the extractor then how we can enhance standard Extractor 0CO_OM_CCA_9 for extra fields from COEP?

Ans : For adding additional fields you will have to go to the extract structure ICCTRCSTA1 & in that under the include CI_COBL u can append the wanted fields! If those fields exist in COBK/COEP, then u may not need to write code to populate data!

OR you can add additional fields to the extract structure ICCTRCSTA1 rather than adding fields to CI_COBL strcuture.. and write code to populate the new fields.

BR,

Shreesh.

0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

Question 1: If requirement is to have a custom DSO and then to cube, do we have to make all the key figures as 'Summation' in the DSO?  Please suggest the Design flow in BW with DSO as a requirement.

Ans; There is no need to make keyfigures to Summation mode, by default the key figure mode is summation only. design will be CCA_9 to DSO to IC. But sap standard flow for this extractor is CCA
_9 to DSO 0CCA_O09 to 0CCA_C11 infocube.

Ans; Just activate your datasource in RSA5 in ECC then check the datasource in RSA3 and then replicate the datsource in BW then do a Init With Data transfer.

Ans; The CCA_9 extractor has around 68 fields Normally most of the requirement can be achieved through this fields only if you want to enhance for any additional fields it's normal enhancement  procedure which you follow for any standard datasource  by adding the additional field to your append structure and writing a code in CMOD to populate data for that field.

Thanks&Regards

Praveen

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Praveen,

My question are : if i want to use a DSO to be loaded from 0CO_OM_CCA9 extractor then how ADD delta will work for 0CO_OM_CCA9 without keeping Key figures in summation mode in DSO? as explained by you, if Key figures are in Overwrite mode ( by Default for DSO) then how will be get 5000 upon activation.

Second Question: what will be key combination of the DSO design?

Third Question: Does 0CO_OM_CCA9 brings data from COEP only ie only Actuals or does it also bring Plan data from COEJ table as welll.

Thanks,

Mayank

0 Kudos

Hi Mayank,

My question are : if i want to use a DSO to be loaded from 0CO_OM_CCA9 extractor then how ADD delta will work for 0CO_OM_CCA9 without keeping Key figures in summation mode in DSO? as explained by you, if Key figures are in Overwrite mode ( by Default for DSO) then how will be get 5000 upon activation.

Ans:   As i said earlier by default the key figures will be in summation mode for this data source please refer to below screen shot for the same. Basically the DSO mode depends on type of  Key figure you use. if you are using Standard  SAP data flow then you can use 0CCA_O09 DSO which is by default in additive mode.

Second Question: what will be key combination of the DSO design?

Following are the Key fields in my DSO.

Key FieldDescription
0CO_AREAControlling area
0CO_DOC_NOCO document number
0CO_ITEM_NOLine item of CO document
0CURTYPECurrency type
0METYPEKey figure category
0VTYPEValue type for reporting
0FISCVARNTFiscal year variant

Third Question: Does 0CO_OM_CCA9 brings data from COEP only ie only Actuals or does it also bring Plan data from COEJ table as welll.

Ans: Mainly it brings data from COEP table but there are other tables also it refers to COSP, COVP,COBK but it brings only actual costs incurred on Cost centers.  i think for Budgets we use 0CO_OM_CCA_7 datasource.

Thanks&Regards

Praveen